Newbie (kinda) with 40+ pounds to lose - care to join me?

Options
JRIV60
JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
Long story short I created a profile on MFP back in September and for a while I was using this site daily then slowly sloped off. My mom just had her 3rd stroke last week at age 56. She is overweight and sits idle for most of the day. I am more eager now than ever to lose these 40 pounds as I am afraid that if I continue to go down the path as my mother I will end up in her shoes.

I live in NC, moved here 2 years ago. I left all of my family and friends behind in Florida; I think that may be a factor to why I have "let myself go". I am 33 years old with 2 boys and want to be around long enough to see them live their lives.

I would love to make some friends on here who have similar weight loss goals. My hubby is overweight too but has no desire at this point to entertain exercising with me. I think having weight loss buddies to share my journey with will make me successful.

~JRIV

Replies

• BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    I'll join you if you'd like.... I had over 40 to lose, does that count? :laugh: You can do this! Request me if you'd like.
  • CGade
    CGade Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It helps to connect with encouraging like minded friends!!! Hang in there and stick with it! You are setting a great example for your boys and your husband :) Feel free to add me as a friend. I am trying to lose about 30 pounds or as much as my body will let me (hopefully, more!...wouldlove to see that pre child waistline again :)))))
  • kewlbuttons
    kewlbuttons Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Kinda sounds like me. Only I've restarted this thing like I dunno how many times, in the past year. I have 100lb to loose and I'll be happy to loose it with you.
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. My name is Tina. I'm 35 with two kids, 8 and 10. My initial goal is to lose about 25, but I plan to keep going until I lose about 40 all together. Been on MFP since late Sept and lost 12lbs. I've hit a wall since Nov. but I've lost an inch off my waist since, so I'm not too upset about it. I plan on switching up my workout after the first, i get board easy especially if I'm not seeing progress. Being apart of MFP definitely helps with the motivation and I find the boards helpful also. Feel free to friend me!
  • AngieRevised
    Options
    I am new too! I would love love love some friends......Hmmmm, I just need to figure out how to get some on here. =)
    Good Luck to you on your adventure!
  • Kerry1023
    Options
    HI and welcome back! I too and re-starting here on MFP. I was doing really well then the holidays hit and I just let everything go including the weight back up ~ Not a great end to the year but looking forward to a lifestyle change for the future. I am 37 with DS 6.
    My husband is very active and does not need to lose weight. I need to stay motivated in excercising. I give it 100% and the first slip up I quit. All or nothing attitude. Would love the support in this journey. Have about 70lbs to lose. (including the 7 that I re-found).

Here's to a healthy way of life!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    :wink: Thank you all for the encouraging words and good luck to us all!
  • SewLisa
    Options
    Its your hubby's choice to sit on his plump bum while you are sweating off the weight!!! Don't let it discourage you.

Buddy or not, you can do it!!! and who knows once he sees how it is working for you he may come around... either way you will be a hotter, healthier you!
  • JRIV60
    Options
    Its your hubby's choice to sit on his plump bum while you are sweating off the weight!!! Don't let it discourage you.

Buddy or not, you can do it!!! and who knows once he sees how it is working for you he may come around... either way you will be a hotter, healthier you!
    I agree - I'm a girl on a mission!:happy:
  • karrah2303
    Options
    I agree and i am in too! Add coming your way. We'll keep each other motivated!
  • lisamaria63
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm new in here but Determined!:happy: