HRM Mio

Options
I'm looking into buying a HRM and the one I was looking at is a MIO Sport select watch. I was wondering if anyone has bought one in the past and if they liked it. Not sure if its a good quality monitor. The features on it are: heart rate, ECG accurate, exercise intensity, calorie burn, stop watch, and water resistant. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Javancub
    Javancub Posts: 181
    Options
    I'm looking into buying a HRM and the one I was looking at is a MIO Sport select watch. I was wondering if anyone has bought one in the past and if they liked it. Not sure if its a good quality monitor. The features on it are: heart rate, ECG accurate, exercise intensity, calorie burn, stop watch, and water resistant. Any suggestions?
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options

I have one. The one I have, you need to put your finger on a sensor to get your heart rate. So while your exercising, you put your finger on at the beginning, in the middle sometime and then at the end. It will calculate from that cals burned. However, I don't really use it. When I run I have a Garmin GPS
  • p90x_Dude
    p90x_Dude Posts: 332
    Options
    Make sure you try ebay too, I've seen the reebok HRM for sale on p90x.com for $79.99 around $49.99 w/ free shipping. I'm cheap though, so I'll continue to use my $20 mio from walmart until I am willing to fork over the extra $$$ :noway:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard really good stuff about the Mio's. As they don't constantly check your heart rate, they are less accurate. I would advise a Polar, F4's are only a few bucks more then the Mio's (maybe $15 or $20 more I think) but they have a strap that constantly monitors the heart rate and gives you a much more accurate calorie count without breaking your concentration.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I have the MIO and if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't have purchased it and would have gone for the Polar F4. The MIO is annoying as hell because you have to put your fingers on the sensor to get the reading of your heart rate. When your jogging or into some intense cardio it's a PITA to do that, but if you don't, you don't get an accurate calories burned reading.

I'm going to invest in a Polar soon. Spend the extra few bucks and get the Polar.
  • Javancub
    Options
    Thank you guys!! Very helpful. I have another question, the Polar F4, is the strap annoying??
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!! Very helpful. I have another question, the Polar F4, is the strap annoying??

not even a little. You completely forget about it after like 2 minutes. I can't speak for the women out there because their "bits" are different, but I can't see how. The strap is smooth, thin, and rubber, so I Imagine it's not too big of an issue. And don't worry about strap size, those things can stretch to fit around just about any size.
  • Javancub
    Options
    Kewl, thank you for the help. :happy: