How do I maintain my weight?

Options
For the last five to six months I lost about twenty pounds. Right now I feel great, I'm at a great weight I don't really want to lose any more (specially in my chest and arms, which are bit too thin already). I'm at 138 pounds and I'm 5'5''.
As far as my workouts go I'm doing ChaLean Extreme, about to finish the Push Phase and I supplement it with Turbo Fire workouts and Zumba, working out for about an hour and a half, six times a week
I eat around 1200 to 1400 calories and try to keep my macros at 40% carbs (mostly from vegetables and fruit), 30% fats and 30% protein.
My question is: to maintain my weight should I eat more or maintain my diet but decrease the amount of cardio in my workouts?

Thanks*

Replies

• a18cey
    a18cey Posts: 5
    Options
    The key to maintaining weight is reverse dieting, and doing it sensibly. by the looks of things you are pretty hot on your macros and judging from your weight loss stats you are bang on track.

With regards to cutting exercise or upping kcal that is personal preference, if you enjoy working out keep it in, I bloody love the gym and my frequency of workout doesnt change if I am cutting or bulking.

I would reccomend keeping your protein stable at 30% and up your carbs and fats weekly about 50-75 kcals, keeping the same ration until you notice a slight scale weight change. I guarantee as your body has changed and become more efficient you will be suprised how many Kcals you can eat without seeing a change.

I am 5'10, 192lbs, 10%BF and after a reverse diet (from a professional nutritionalist) i can comfortably eat 3500-4000kcal a day and not gain mass.

Hope this helps
  • mpoiares
    mpoiares Posts: 14
    Options
    This totally helps, thanks!
    I really do love to workout and that's why I do it so many times a week. Right now is not about losing weight but about how great it feels to be active. My main problem is that I'm starting to look a little "too thin" and I don't want to lose the muscle mass I gained.
    I will definitely follow your advice and try to eat a few more calories of healthy carbs and fats.

Thanks a lot for the reply!