2011 - Who's with me?

Options
Hey, everyone!

I just joined MyFitnessPal last night. I know, I know. "Lose Weight" is a resolution for me this year, much like it is for a number of people out there. 2010 was big for me (literally and figuratively) - I graduated college, got a new job, fell in love and pretty much got my priorities straight. However, it was also a year I spent at my highest weight ever of 170 pounds. Unfortunately, considering the many amazing things that happened to me, the one thing I focused on was my weight and how unhappy it made me.

I've vowed to make this year different. Now that I have my career and other parts of my life in control, I am going to tackle the one thing holding me back. My weight. I intend to incorporate healthy habits and exercise into my life now and live a better, healthier life. I'm hoping all of you can join me in this goal and I'm confident we can serve as support for one another.

My username is: withanurgency

Please add me as a friend and I look forward to "meeting" tons of new people and following along their journey as they follow along with mine. This is all new and exciting for me and I can't wait to be a part of something amazing. So, what say we make 2011 an incredible year?!

Replies

• dmbranchaud
    Options
    Let's make 2011 a great year!! My 2010 was horrid....so much stress and bad stuff going on, I just ate away my feelings. I'm now 200pounds :sick: This is the highest I've ever been.....I was on MFP before and lost most of my weight..I'm going to do it again!

I'm going to really do it this time.....my back hurts soo much over carrying all this excess....I get winded just walking up the stairs. I need to do this!!
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya! I got married last summer, at my highest weight of 267(not including pregnancy weight) and HATE the way I looked in my pictures. I felt pretty, but looking at the pictures now....yuck! We plan on doing a renewal at some point, and I don't want to look like that again!

I'll friend you!
  • withanurgency
    Options
    Yes! I'm totally with you! 2011 is a brand new start and I, for one, am going to let nothing hold me back. This is the highest I've ever been as well and, like you, I eat my feelings. Happy or sad.

Going it alone is never fun and determination can easily wane, but I think support from this community is what will really help us achieve our goal. Losing weight is never easy, of course, but nothing good in life is. Don't worry, we'll do it and it'll be totally worth the ups and downs :-)
  • withanurgency
    Options
    Yay! Thanks, Annie!

And don't worry, all that stuff is in the past. I looked at my pictures over Christmas and Thanksgiving and was SO alarmed. I mean, I know the camera adds 10 pounds but...how many cameras were actually on me then?!

This journey is going to be full of ups and downs and support is incredibly important. I'll do whatever I can to help all my friends achieve their goals and I'm hoping they will be willing to do the same for me.

2011, here we come!