No Weight lost???

Options
This isnt quite the same as other posts with this question, else I would know the answer. Between Monday and Friday I had lost 3&1/2 lbs , So I decided Fri , Sat & Sunday I would save only 1000 Per day. Surely I should of lost another 1lb?? How likely is it that my metabolism is f***ed????

Replies

• jmsspr93
    jmsspr93 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Or could it mean the crappy scales I have are innacurate, they basically show something different each time I use them. I think I would be so disheartened if I had to only lose 1lb per week because my scales would always be wrong. Could it be they were innacurate on Friday ?

I.e if I lost 3 & 1/2 lbs in 4 days , if I ate 1500 calories MORE in 3 days, surely it should of been a similar amount?
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    The number on the scale is dependent on so much more than just how much weight you're losing. Weight fluctuates several pounds within a day, depending on how much food/liquid/waste is in your stomach/gut, how much water your muscles are retaining, how (de)hydrated you are, etc etc etc.

For example, yesterday afternoon I weighted 170.2 lbs. This morning, I weighed 172.8 lbs. Did I eat an extra 9000 calories to cause me to gain that much weight overnight? Nope, I ate ~500 calories for dinner and drank some water. So why do I weigh so much more? That's just the way the body works.

So in short, you probably didn't lose 3.5 lbs in 4 days. Without looking at your diary (since it's closed), we have no way of knowing if your metabolism is f-ed up. So long as you're eating enough (ie not below 1200 calories, although again we don't know enough about you in terms of height or weight to know how much you should be eating), keep eating at a deficit and the weight will gradually trend downwards.
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    - scales weight is only *accurate* as a trend to see the change, the trend will only be usefull if you weigh yourself under constant conditions: I weigh in the morning after using the loo, before getting dressed, witht he scale in the same place

-is your scale digital? do the batteries need replacing?

- 3.5lb/5day is not a sustainable loss pattern i'm concerned that you appear to be aiming for a 4.5lb loss when your ticker indicates that you are so close to your goal, with 5lb left to your goal weight, the recommended weight loss target would be closer to 0.5lb/week

- you've been on the weightloss journey for a while (based on your ticker) though from your Joined date (jan 2014) not so long
    so i'm confused

- for healthy sustainable weightloss you should be consuming NET (intake-burn) at least 1200 to remain healthy, unless you are on a medically monitored VLCD