43F - 5'2 231 Full time job and preschooler mom

Options
So I am back on MFP for a week now and need support. I just turned 43 a week ago. Life is great. I met an amazing man and his two adorable children a year and half ago. I had made it under the 200 mark with MFP after divorcing an emotionally abusive spouse. I always prayed to meet a good man, but had basically given up and let God lead my way and tried to be content with life as it. But then came love and instant family and now none of my clothes fit, and I don't feel comfortable naked. I am starting small with my goals to get back into my size 16's Then back under 200. Then go from there. This won't be easy. I have found I have to write down everything I put in my mouth. It's a lot. :) Plus fitting in workouts. I am trying to go for little ones throughout the day just to get some movement in. I need some support. Anyone in my shoes?

Did I mention I love to cook and I'm really good at it. I'm a Southern transplant from Louisiana/ Alabama who now lives in what I consider rural Kansas (our town has 7000 people)

So friend me,
Cooper

Replies

• rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I added you!
  • carol5047
    carol5047 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good Morning and Welcome! If you have a goal and are committed to it you can do it! Little goals are good! Try to commit to some form of exercise also. I know in my journey when I exercise it really made me more aware of what I was actually eating, I would think to myself if I'm burning X amount of calories exercising why would I want to eat more than I should.

Maybe you can start by trying to add a 15 minute walk at lunch. Or doing a exercise video (pick how many days you are willing to devote to this and just do it!) you could try early in the morning or after the kids go to sleep. Or how about inviting them to exercise with you if you have the room, It could lead to some great fun and bonding time together.
  • jesslagr
    jesslagr Posts: 11
    Options
    I added you. :)
  • slimfitnessmoms
    slimfitnessmoms Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You can add me for that extra motivation :)
  • ShortStuff35
    ShortStuff35 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have added you :)
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Loving to cook is the best because now you can experiment on making your recipes healthier. IF you are competitive by nature maybe looking into dietbet or personal non food rewards to help you along the way. It is a journey not a race. Your family is beautiful.