Giving up too soon

Options

Replies

• WDA4655
    WDA4655 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Well put! I think you said it all for how many of us have felt inside. I truly pray that some of the young ones get a hold of this Sue. Thanks for a great post on a sensitive subject that needs to be out there. Life is to precious to waste like we did. But thank God even though we're late in life we woke up and are now living! You have a way of telling it like it is!
  • RyanDryFly
    RyanDryFly Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Great post as always Sue! Thanks for the inspiration! :)
  • berrythin79
    berrythin79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Nicely stated and thank you for sharing. I know we have all been where she is right now mentally but its about staying in the race. I hope your words offered her the encouragement she needed to keep going on this journey. I remind myself that I didn't eat it on over night nor will it come off over night.
  • kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Love Love Love this and really needed to read this today! I am 45 myself...and have struggled with weight issues my entire life. I'm now about 25 lbs. from goal and have back slid a little bit---seemed to have lost my mojo and had a weekend of mindless eating while camping which followed a few weeks of eating whatever whenever. I KNOW I need to get back at it today--life is too precious to allow our weight and health to interrupt. This post is perfect timing for me! Thank you!
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bumping for you. You always write from the heart, and express the thoughts that I am sure many of us think just not quite so eloquently. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Thank you so very much for this post today. I have been struggling the past year not really caring what happened. I lost 40+ pounds only to gain them back. I came here this morning hoping to renew my efforts and saw your post. Needless to say it has inspired me to start anew and to not give up. It really is never to late to invest in yourself.
  • JBfoodforlife
    JBfoodforlife Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    The most beautiful words come from the heart... Sue, you shared your heart and that is the best gift you can give any person... :flowerforyou:
  • Tansy98
    Tansy98 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Inspiring words Handfordrose - thank you for sharing with others for motivation, I had all but given up after a year of hard work, but am ready to continue the journey. Your message has given me, and I am guessing others, the boost to keep moving forward.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Deedle7544
    Deedle7544 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    That was amazing, and so inspring! Thank you for that. I wish it could be required reading for everyone struggling both ways. The goal is just to be healthy and happy.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    great post. Love words of wisdom like this. Thanks for sharing!
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post! Wish I could have heard this when I was in my 20's!! I don't know, maybe I wouldn't have listened, but at 50, I know you speak the truth! Well said!
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Beautifully said!
  • suetorrence
    suetorrence Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thank you Sue. I think all of us have at one time or another questioned "keeping on." Yes, it is worth it - you are worth it!
  • raggiemom
    raggiemom Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thank you for writing this, Sue. Like you, I am in my sixties. I wish someone had said this to me when I was younger. You are an inspiration!!
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story, it is what I needed to hear today! I have lost 43 pounds but am stuck and unable to loose any more no matter how hard I try. I have stopped logging daily like I used to and was thinking about stopping the counting.

For the past couple of months, I have been on a plateau with a 3 pound up and down cycle. It can be discouraging, but I still log my food every day. I know that on the day I stop logging my food, I am giving myself permission to begin the old way of eating; and I fear that I might not be able to do this again. I can't afford to eat my way by up into the 200's. I am tired of the life of a fat cripple. I want to stay at a normal weight.
    Your story has re-emphasised to me the importance of sticking with it long term. I would love a friend like you, feel free to friend me. Thank you again for sharing, I needed to hear this today! Blessings!

You are now part of my MFP sisterhood of friends.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Beautiful post. Thank you for sharing it with us!
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this.
  • SheFitWalks
    SheFitWalks Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Sue, for such an encouraging post. I pray that those who read it will be encouraged and motivated to live a healthy life for themselves. No it's not easy, but it is so worth it. <3
  • michele0101
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!
  • hstnljean
    hstnljean Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Beautifully said!
    great post. Love words of wisdom like this. Thanks for sharing!
    Yours life sounds a bit like mine didn't have a bad marriage I have a good man, but my weight has been up and down for ever. At one point I was just under 300 and that made me cry but not enough to do much about it. When I had my hysterectomy about 1 1/2 yrs ago I weighted 270 when I started MFP last September I was 265. I too have questioned about the hard work I have put into my efforts but then I read something one MFP and it inspires me to go on. I don't want to give up I am going to make it happen. Now when I see young girls that are over weight I just want to tell them now is the time to please do something about it because of the road ahead of them has all kinds of health issues just waiting for them. Get started and don't give up. I still have a long way to go and don't have all the answers I need to make it happen but I am taking it one day at a time, the only way to go. Thanks for sharing