Losing weight and dating.... KEEPING MY SEXY!!!

Options
I know this is an age old topic... but losing weight and dating.

So many date nights start off with... "Dinner and a movie."

But trying to remain sexy and "drop 10 pound preparing for summer" (Drake Plug), you have to remember the alternatives.

Dancing, bowling, shucks just a walk around the harbor.

Step away for the table and try something else.

Besides, he can't see all that sexiness that you have sitting down. :tongue: :love:

What else do you have in mind for an active date night, where you can still get to know someone???

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Tandem Skydiving.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Try Mini golf, Dancing or go play Frisbee Golf. Just depends on what you like to do.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Tandem Skydiving.

YES!!! My sister did this. They ended the evening sharing a hospital room signing each other casts with their email addresses.
  • JoLMahan
    JoLMahan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    MadHatter... Please tell me they are married and living happily ever after. Because that story could just not end any better!
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on whether this is a first date or not.

First date: dinner and a movie is so lame, I'm sorry. Not only is it completely cliched, but you don't really get a chance to talk to the other person.

If this is a person you've been seeing a while, that's different. Someone mentioned minigolf - that's fun. Or going to a museum, if that's your thing. Or if there's a local thing, like we have the farmers market here in the summer. Gives you a chance to be active and outside, and not just sitting in the dark, stuffing your face.
  • aribugg
    aribugg Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    i would imagine if one liked volley ball, that could be fun. and if it turns out you dont, well, you tried something new! I've often talked with my boyfriend about going for hikes, because i know i like that and he might too. since its long distance talk is pretty much all we have for now lol.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    What else do you have in mind for an active date night, where you can still get to know someone???

Sex.
  • madhatter2013
    Options
    MadHatter... Please tell me they are married and living happily ever after. Because that story could just not end any better!

Not married because neither of them want to go through that again, however, they have been together over a decade and had my beautiful nephew 5 years ago.
  • madhatter2013
    Options

Sex.

Darn right! Gotta kick the tires before you buy.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Sex.

This is also what I vote.
  • FinnTheMonster
    FinnTheMonster Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I LOVE going exploring!

Have you ever gone Geocaching? It's where people place prizes and objects around the world, and you go looking for them! Seriously, it's a ton of fun!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Sex.

Or at least some heavy petting.
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I've been "dating" my man for 5 yrs and we still date but yes dinner and a movie get old. Here are some things we do alternatively:
    1. Go to the science or art museum. We've been to both several times and thoroughly enjoy ourselves.
    2. Go to a soccer game (any sport really) yeah you may be tempted to eat chili cheese fries but I always pack us little snacks in my purse which save calories and money
    3. Go swimming. Nothing says "I'm trying to keep my figure" by working it out and the pool is always fun together.
    4. Go fishing and/or hiking. I love nature and it's beautiful to discover together
    5. Music festival. I live in a college town and close to a big city so there are always different music festivals (jazz, rock, etc.)
    6. Go to the park and play. I play soccer with my fiancé and we really work up a sweat
    7. Coffee shop and play board games (I like chess personally). Escape the calories by getting a tea or something low cal.
    8. My personal favorite is dancing. I love this. Bachata and salsa are two of my favorites. It's high energy and so much fun.
    9. Paintball. I've been once-screamed like a girl and wanted to go home but maybe some couple will love it. Lol
    Wanted to make this 10 but that's all I got for now :bigsmile:
  • LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I made a guy meet me at a haunted corn maze, at night, the week before Halloween. Best First Date Ever.
  • vstewart1982
    Options
    The Zoo
    Laser Tag
    Bike Riding
    Roller Skating
    Row Boats/Paddle Boats (At The Harbor)
    Local Rec (Play Ping Pong, Air Hockey, Foosball)
    Go to a Park (play Frisbee, Volleyball)
    Paint ball
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options

Sex.

X2
  • KelARita7
    KelARita7 Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options

Sex.

X2

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options

Sex.

X2

Naughty kelly :wink: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

• Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options

Sex.

X2

Naughty kelly :wink: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

I love this, because all of you are my friends and I'd expect nothing less from you. Hahaha.

Oh, and x4?
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    the gym. of course :P

no seriously. pick up boys from the gym, then head out for a protein shake afterwards.

rawrrr. so sexy