Temptations of good food!!! Help!

Options
Well i'm back into the early days of getting some form of fitness and healthy eating back......fighting the urges of good food, wine and generally everything that won't help! The lure of chilli with rice and a large glass of red wine on the side.....is that a bad thing????

Replies

• 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    It isn't good nor bad. It's your choice. If you are making it can you make it leaner and more healthy? if not can you be happy with small bites and not a whole bowl? As for the wine, again your choice. it has calories and is pretty high for only 4 oz but it's still better then your starbucks, so can you give up something else in your day to let yourself have the wine tonight?
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I just make provisions. I usually have a glass of red wine with dinner each night. I use the calorie counter here on MFP and make changes somewhere else if I want to have that wine.

L.
  • JimH56
    JimH56 Posts: 6
    Options
    Good Morning! Eat what you want, just control portions. Wine better than beer :) Remember that you are going to add exercise, and watch your total calories each day. Good luck - you are in the right place, for support and advice!
  • lulu20111
    Options
    Thanks everyone, it's been tough today as I don't feel well either...so haven't been for my usual swim today, so got to the point of entertaining all the bad things.....I like the idea of a lean chilli, will do that and I think one small glass of wine won't be too bad, may help me feel a little better.

Thanks again everyone, great support!