Some Advice for those over 40

Options
I was watching Dr. Oz a week ago and got these great tips to boost your metabolism. 1. Drink Oolong Tea 2. Black Pepper to add spice instead of salt 3. Ice Water 4. Beans (2c.) I do not know if that is a day or a week. You do want to eat at least 25g. of fiber a day though. This may help some and may not. I am not over 40 yet, but I do want to try to boost my metabolism.

Replies

• christinaincamo
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, I'm going to try some of them!
  • Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Options
    Ice water? I wonder why that's any different from un-iced water. Oh well. I'm going to try it anyhow. Beans...I have a hard time getting beans in. I just don't like them very much. I do get kidney beans in chili.

Thanks for the tips. (And yes, I'm over 40!)
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advise! I have a hard enough time getting my water in... and I am having a brain freeze at the thought of drinking ice water! :tongue:

I was hoping there was a "secret" or some other great news that would get me a boost!

I guess I'll make some home-made hummus today to get the beans in!
  • StephaniePhotoLady
    StephaniePhotoLady Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've heard that your body burns more calories when you drink ice water. We have started eating more beans. Sometimes we sprinkle them over salad, along with kernel corn, etc.

I have noticed that this site recommends only 14-15 g. of fiber. I am trying to up that. 25 would be great, but there would be some adjustments your body would make to this.
  • abbysns
    Options
    They say ice water because it makes your body work more, to warm it up to body temp.