C25K Weight Loss stories

Options
I'm currently on Week 6 Day 1 of the C25K programme, I have lost 7lbs since I started and I am curious to hear of other peoples weight loss stories from doing the C25K.

And also for those who have completed it have you stuck with the regular running and how are you finding it?

Replies

• shescountry74
    Options
    That's awesome. I have thought about doing it. I am not in the greatest shape and running is my weakness when I have tried to jog/run i get out of breath so quick and easy. Did you find it hard and challenging in the beginning? During the C25k did you change eating habits? Are you at the full jogging/running stage of the program?
  • tabbyblack13
    tabbyblack13 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I started my C25K training and I only have completed Week 3 day 3 with a mix of walking/running. I think I've lost around 8 lbs so far but the days I'm not running I do other workouts to try to keep toned. The only thing I'm doing about my food is to eat withing my calories.

If you are getting out of breath try breathing in two steps and breathing out two steps. That helps to remember to breath. If I concentrate too much on the running I will take shallow breaths and not get enough oxygen in. I also do this when I'm concentrating on other things.
  • 86sarahb
    86sarahb Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    At first it was a struggle as I couldn't even run to the end of the street but now I'm running 25mins without stopping. I do try to watch what I eat but if I want chocolate or a takeout etc. then I'll have it, I think allowing myself to have it when I fancy it stops me from binge eating.
  • drosebud
    drosebud Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Well done! I'm on W5D3 today, so am not far behind you :-)
    I think this podcast has to be the most daunting, in terms of the jump from 8 to 20 mins, but to be honest I'm quite looking forward to having a crack at it as the walk /run/walk etc. is getting a bit of a pain.

As for weight loss, I was dieting well before I started running, and have had to cut back on some of my normal cardio classes to fit in the C25K so wouldn't have noticed the difference. I'm booked on to two Race for Life in July, so have to keep going until then at least :happy:
  • 86sarahb
    Options
    Yeah I know what you mean, I was very nervous when it got to Week 5 Day 3 and I thought there was no way I'd be able to do it..... BUT...... I did it and it turns out I was ready for it too as I didn't seem to struggle.

I've got the 5K Pretty Muddy Race for Life at the end of June so I need to start throwing in a bit more strength training for the obstacles.:smile:

:
  • FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I just graduated a few days ago, and I lost 20 pounds in the process. I loved it, I could never run a mile without stopping and now I'm doing 3 without any trouble. Since I've graduated, I'm working more on increasing speed more than distance. Gotta keep setting goals! Good luck with finishing the program :)
  • 86sarahb
    Options
    I just graduated a few days ago, and I lost 20 pounds in the process. I loved it, I could never run a mile without stopping and now I'm doing 3 without any trouble. Since I've graduated, I'm working more on increasing speed more than distance. Gotta keep setting goals! Good luck with finishing the program :)

Yes once I get to the 5K mark I will be concentrating on the speed as I don't really want to be the last one across the finishing line. I do however want to be covered in mud from all the obstacles :laugh:
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I started C25K last May weighing just under 300lbs. I now run around 20miles a week, belong to my local running club, have done a number of 5K & 10k races and am signed up for 3 Half Marathons this year. My PB for 5k is 29:17 and for 10k (set on Sunday :D) is 1:03:59. I absolutely love running now. A calorie deficit is responsible for my weight loss but the running allows me treats and my legs are starting to look really toned!
  • ReneeDawalga5100
    ReneeDawalga5100 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I started C25K March 15th and I have lost 15 pounds. I have 19 days until my first 5K and am very excited. Last week indoors on the treadmill I ran 3.30 miles in just under 40 mins. Outside I try to go slower because of the hills and stuff but I personally am going to keep with a distance and then speed up. Around my home, 3.5-5 miles are the really nice runs so I want to make my way up there.

My best suggestion is go slow on C25K, I ran it at a 13.5-14 min mile pace until I got to the end .That is really where you learn to breath and good form. Once you are done you can speed up with other programs. I use Mapmyrun and it tells me my split pace ever half mile.

Good Luck!