Space Engineers

Options
wheird
wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
Anyone else out there play this game? It is a space simulator, voxel world game for PC through Steam. It is currently in alpha, but incredibly well done and by far the best space sim I have played thus far.

Replies

• sheskimtastic
    Options
    I have problems with the game. It's causing me to not get any sleep. Highly recommend.
  • wheird
    Options
    Have not tried it, but might have to. Steam owns my butt and I am a sucker for their deals.

It is a fantastic voxel game.

You have to mine, collect, and refine raw ore for components and reactor fuel, then use the components to build spaceships and stations from scratch. You can salvage ships, play multiplayer, etc.
  • gunshowgreg
    gunshowgreg Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Is this an Mmo? I'm currently playing planetside 2 now..... and I'm waiting on ESO for PS4 lol too many cool games out now
  • wheird
    Options
    I have problems with the game. It's causing me to not get any sleep. Highly recommend.

I was up til 1am. :(
  • wheird
    Options
    Is this an Mmo? I'm currently playing planetside 2 now..... and I'm waiting on ESO for PS4 lol too many cool games out now

Not an MMO.

I also play Planetside 2 and ESO for PC.
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Have not tried it, but might have to. Steam owns my butt and I am a sucker for their deals.

You have to mine, collect, and refine raw ore for components and reactor fuel, then use the components to build spaceships and stations from scratch. You can salvage ships, play multiplayer, etc.

Is it like Eve online?
  • wheird
    Options

Is it like Eve online?

Sorta, but not quite. Eve meets minecraft.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Sounds similar to the X series. How does it compare?
  • gunshowgreg
    gunshowgreg Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Cool what server do you play on in planetside 2? I play on matterson TR and when planetside comes to ps4 ill play it on there I love elder scrolls but I'm going to wait for ESO to come to console to play it. Be nice to lean back and relax like when playing skyrim.
  • LaserOctopus
    LaserOctopus Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Aargh. I have almost clicked the button on this one several times. I've successfully resisted temptation, but this thread does not help. Maybe it will pop up on the next Steam Sale. Then I can play it in lulls in the hunt for a job, which I need to support my Steam habit, which keeps me occupied in lulls in the hunt for a job, which I need to support my Steam habit...
  • wheird
    Options
    Sounds similar to the X series. How does it compare?

The X series, prior to Rebirth, was like a less complicated Eve Online on single player. It has a greater storyline and NPC support. Space Engineers has far more immersion than the other space sims, but does not currently have an NPC existence at all. I'd like to see some NPCs added at some point as well as a rudimentary market, but I'm not sure if that is planned for development.
  • wheird
    Options
    Aargh. I have almost clicked the button on this one several times. I've successfully resisted temptation, but this thread does not help. Maybe it will pop up on the next Steam Sale. Then I can play it in lulls in the hunt for a job, which I need to support my Steam habit, which keeps me occupied in lulls in the hunt for a job, which I need to support my Steam habit...

It is currently on sale.
  • LaserOctopus
    LaserOctopus Posts: 121 Member
    Options

It is currently on sale.

See what happens if I actually spend a day or two not logged in? Lolol.
  • wheird
    Options

It is currently on sale.

See what happens if I actually spend a day or two not logged in? Lolol.

I bought it awhile ago for like $15 I think. Getting more expensive as development goes on!