Coping with chronic pain

Options
Hi, just joined, look forward to some awesome results. I have had fibromyalgia for about 10 years and have developed the habit of not moving to keep from hurting. Now I decide moving is part of losing weight, and oh boy, pain is in the game. If anyone has suggestions for fun, low impact exercise options, (laugh here) let me know. Looking forward to meeting lots of new friends.

Replies

• tskinner7
    tskinner7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Join this post "Fibromyalgia Friends Wanted" There are a few people in here that could help you too. I've had fibro for 23 yrs now. The best that I've found for me is Zumba & walking. Once you keep up the exercising you will find youself being able to do more & more.
  • booksgiver
    booksgiver Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    It's great that you're accepting your personal responsibility in managing your pain. I also have FM, RA, and severe osteoarthritis. Despite not bring able to exercise much I have lost weight by calorie restriction. You may also want to check out the "Sit and Be Fit" programs, available on YouTube for free. Just do the best you can and as you lose weight your movements will also improve. I'm in your corner and if I can lose weight...anyone can!