Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Unlikely.
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I am going to the beach mid-June for my birthday. I understand 100% its not a race; but I do need to get more focused on my diet.

Can I come with? LOL! A beach, heck, warm weather, sounds wonderful right now :)

If you are looking at mid-June, 8 weeks out, and you lose closer to 2 lbs a week, I bet you will be amazed with how good you look and feel. Especially if you add exercise into the mix. Your body will change and you will have lost noticeable inches!

Have you measured yourself in the past? Maybe start that today, work on logging/exercising, and see how much you've lost in 2 weeks, a month, etc...

Good luck to you! You can do this :)

Thank you :) And I can't wait for the beach!

Yes, I keep measurements and check them every month. :) I haven't lost any weight these past two months, but I have lost some inches. I attend bootcamp five days a week. It's pretty intense. But because of my diet, I can't seem to make the scale budge. At all. I burn around 500-600 calories easily with the bootcamp.
  • Geminieve24
    Options
    I struggle after work too. Some things that i have discovered that help me.

Have a pre-made snack plate of raw veggies ready that I can swipe from when I'm in the kitchen. Or a banana and water.

Plan my calories so that I have room for a small before bed snack (most often a greek yogurt for me).

Keep trigger foods out of the house or at least out of my reach - especially if I'm hungry or stressed. Do not even start in on them!

Hot tea. Hot tea brings some of the same 'comfort' or 'stress relief' as the hot comfort foods I gravitate too.

Protein snack (bar or eggs) in the late afternoon help me not be so crazy hungry while I'm fixing supper. I'm as bad as the kids, lmao, who sometimes literally climb into the fridge or cabinets. I make them a veggie tray too ;)

Thank you for the tips. I actually spend my Sundays meal prepping. I do keep junk out of my house too. I will go out to pick up food. Or my prepared meals seem boring.

I think I need to overcome my emotional issues with eating. I can plan and prepare, it's the stress reliever at the end of the day and then turn to food. I do enjoy tea. And my wine :)

Thanks for the tips :)
  • jonilynn70
    jonilynn70 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have lost 3 different times in my adult life - all on Atkins. And the reason it has been 3 different times is because it always comes back going this route. Now, this time in my life, I am doing it the slow route - 1 lb. a week and I am thrilled to death! Sometimes it's not even 1 a week. Sometimes it's 1 over 2 weeks. But I feel great and like I can do this for life. I don't have a huge amount to go. I am 17 lbs. from my goal. But this is the way to do it and have it last. Lifelong habits are created this way. I don't care how good you are - you cannot live on the Atkins diet life-long. Nor should you.
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way when I started... I wanted to just lose weight fast. Now I realize how silly my goal was. I'm more focused on being healthy and fit and finding good food that fuels my body.

I do eat low carb but that's because I feel so much better for some reason... Also it helps me make better food choices and I will eat like this for the rest of my life. It's not a fad thing.

I like the weight loss and I am constantly reminding myself to be patient. It's hard and I get upset when the scale doesn't move like I think it should but I'm learning to deal with it better.

Good luck with your journey!
  • Geminieve24
    Options
    I felt the same way when I started... I wanted to just lose weight fast. Now I realize how silly my goal was. I'm more focused on being healthy and fit and finding good food that fuels my body.

I do eat low carb but that's because I feel so much better for some reason... Also it helps me make better food choices and I will eat like this for the rest of my life. It's not a fad thing.

I like the weight loss and I am constantly reminding myself to be patient. It's hard and I get upset when the scale doesn't move like I think it should but I'm learning to deal with it better.

Good luck with your journey!

Thank you and good luck to you as well! The problem is that I haven't started. I have been trying to lose even just these 25 pounds for the past 6 months. I lost about 30 last year and kept it off, but I lost that in about two and a half months and that was last August or so.