Getting it right this time.

Options
Kassidi21
Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
I'm sure I can't be the only one who knows that the struggle is REAL. haha I am done telling myself I'm too busy to go to the gym or I have too much stuff to do before I can work out... This is the last time I feel like I'm starting over. I'm starting this thread to invite anyone who has felt this way or been in the "i have too much stuff to do, I'll exercise later" but later never comes mind set.

I am 21 years old and have 50+ lbs to lose and this is the last time that I am "starting" from this point forward will all be progress. =)

Feel free to add.. I am hoping, no going, to get on this thread everyday to update how it's going.. If you need the extra kick in the pants, like I do, then here it is and will be EVERYDAY! *kick* =P

Replies

• patrick139
    Options
    Sounds like your motivated and ready to Bring it! Thats a very inspiring attitude.
    What kind of fitness routine do you plan on doing in order to achieve your goal set?
  • Kassidi21
    Options
    I've started the Zombies! Run! 5k trainer, so i'm doing that 3 days a week with a little weight training in between.=) It's a start though, right?
  • Noobette
    Noobette Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I *so* know how you feel!! I've jumped 'on the wagon' too many times to count, only to fall off in hours sometimes! I really do want to do this though, so I'm with you all the way!!
  • Kassidi21
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! =)
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am also 21. I am looking at loosing around 35-40 lbs

I have started so many times, only to give up and make excuses not to after a couple of days.

Now I have been going to the Gym every second day for nearly a month, and been cutting down on the amount of food I eat. I use to eat a meal size large enough to feed to adults to myself!

I will add you as a friend in the hopes we can motivate each other to stay on track :)
  • Kassidi21
    Options
    That's about how i was devilninja!! And it's so frustrating because my fiance can eat WHATEVER he wants and he has trouble GAINING weight! =P it's not fair! haha
  • Jesslane93
    Jesslane93 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling, my partner too can eat whatever he wants, and it makes it so hard when he is eating a nice big bowl of icecream in front of me all the time haha.
  • daisyjaninex
    Options
    This is me. This must be my 10th time restarting in a year! i am so determined now though! Wiped my account clean, and going for it!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I've started the Zombies! Run! 5k trainer, so i'm doing that 3 days a week with a little weight training in between.=) It's a start though, right?

I love that app!
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I can completely empathize! My way of eliminating the "no time, too much stuff" excuse is to be at the gym at 5:00 AM when they open. I know myself well enough that if I don't work out in the early AM, it's just not gonna happen. It's too early to have time to talk myself out of it. Good for you for getting your "Game on!" attitude!
  • piapage
    piapage Posts: 1
    Options
    Im starting over too, I was on my way and then I moved and lost track of everything. I have AT least 20 lbs to lose but I'd like to lose 25. Im really not too busy, I'm just to lazy. I really dislike exercise but I need to get it together and just do it.
  • Kassidi21
    Options
    Wow I dont know if I could do 5 am at the gym! =P I did try that last semester, but I got too self conscious about it! Turns out EVERYONE here goes bright and early! And it's not that I dont like exercise, I'm just too good at convincing myself that I dont have time! But the zombies run app has helped a lot, since I hate running (it's about the only form of exercise I dont like)! Haha =)
  • Noobette
    Noobette Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Join the club - friend request coming your way!
  • mschrisc
    mschrisc Posts: 1
    Options
    my biggest issue is not so much getting to the gym but it's the food in my diet. I go to the gym and then I eat way to much. I am going to try again too.
  • only1life4us
    Options
    I need to refocus on my weight training as well! So i'm with ya!
  • Kassidi21
    Options
    Mschrisc, I am right there with you! Or i eat to my calorie limit and feel hungry a few hours later! It's definitely a struggle!!
  • candleinahurricane
    Options
    Right there with you. I'm nearly 21 and I'm looking to lose 40 or so pounds. :) I always come up with excuses since I'm in college, it's time to stop hahaha.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is all about deficit - you can just use MFP to keep track of the food you eat and make sure you have less going in that out and you're losing weight.

Exercise and so on does have a variety of other benefits, however - one of them being that you can eat more food while staying at the same deficit.
  • Kassidi21
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the "I get to eat more today!" mentality is my favorite part of logging exercise and tracking calories =P
  • breeskienicole
    breeskienicole Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I absolutely agree... I have tried and quit so many times I'm really sick of giving up on myself... I'm not quitting this time! Looking forward to do this with everyone and anyone who wants to... Good luck!!!