Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

You're just somebody that I used to know.

WanderingPomme
WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
Okay, so my friend introduced me to her friend and we've hung out a few times after that (with other people, not official dates). It was fun, we got along but then he just stopped. I was like, eh oh well maybe he's busy or whatever. (I'm used to being the fat girl being friendzoned) Anyway, I found out that he found out that I used to be a big girl (I used to be 180lbs, I am now 112-113 5'3"). I don't mind that he did, he should've known already from Facebook photos but I don't go on broadcasting my weightloss to everyone I meet. Lol I mean, that's who I am.

Anyway, my friend spoke to me and told me that he stopped talking to me because of that... Because I used to be big.

Never knew this was going to be a problem. I thought losing weight was supposed to boost my self esteem! Now it's just blah. Sure, I'm not hot toned YET! Still squishy in some parts (I'm working on it!) but... after this revelation... I feel overweight again. just feel discouraged. It's been a year since I've kept the weight off (kinda) still haven't fully wrapped my head around being smaller. And THIS isn't helping.

This is why I haven't entertained the idea of dating just yet. People are, for some reason, expecting me to go all out meeting and dating people just because I've lost weight. There are too much a holes out there. I'll just go back to being a hermit again and crawl into my cave and hibernate. Lol

Would it matter to you guys if the person you're attracted to/currently seeing used to be big?

I, myself, wouldn't mind at all. Wouldn't even care if he's CURRENTLY big! As long as we get along, makes me laugh and treats me right, we're a GO! Lol I like huggables.

Replies

• LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    First and foremost I am so glad this guy showed his douche bag tendencies early on so you don't actually develop feelings for him. Secondly, yes I would date someone who used to be bigger or thinner, if anything that shows how dedicated and responsible a person can be. Clearly this guy was either looking for a hook up or is just a bit too shallow for my liking (and I hope for yours too). Losing close to 70lbs is amazing and I guess you just lost another X amt of lbs as well with his sorry a** off somewhere else. I hope this doesnt discourage you and you keep with your amazing healthy lifestyle and not sweat the jerks in between :flowerforyou:
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    he is immature in my opinion.
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    That guy is a butthead. Believe me, there are some really great people out there. Better for him to show his true colors now rather than later!
  • sazrina
    sazrina Posts: 99 Member
    What an idiot. Anyone decent would be more attracted to you because of your achievement not less!
  • jmarcin78
    jmarcin78 Posts: 34
    I am so glad this guy showed his douche bag tendencies early on so you don't actually develop feelings for him.

This ^^^^^ for SURE! He is not worth your time or your heart! :smooched:
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Wow, he's missing out. I had a boyfriend like that once, who was concerned that I would yo-yo LOL what a dolt.
    Seriously, you're so much better off. Trust me though, i'm in the same place as you. I've been single for years and all I keep going on dates with are absolute losers. It's discouraging and disheartening. Keep your head up.
  • Vicxie86
    Vicxie86 Posts: 181 Member
    I do not see why it should matter whatsoever that you used to be big. I have never ever heard of people losing interest in someone because they used to be fat. If Tyrese Gibson used to be fat and all the women in the world rejected him for it, it would make me the happiest woman in the world! :love:

Forget him, don't let his preference hold or put you down. Do you, he is!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    All of the above! Good luck on finding the one who will truly appreciate you! And don't forget to have fun along the way. You'll likely encounter a lots of toads and maybe only a few princes, but the journey can be fun regardless if you let it be.
  • Kassidi21
    Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
    Just think of all the time you've saved NOT being with a superficial jerk! Sounds like he was just making sure you'll know how great another guy will be compared to him!
  • JLHNU212
    JLHNU212 Posts: 169 Member
    I agree with the comment that says, at least he showed you this early, so you didnt develop any feelings for him! That is terrible and I think that by losing weight, it shows you do care about yourself. You have done amazing things for yourself and you should be proud of that. If you are not ready to date, then dont rush into it and wait until you are ready. Again, congrats on doing such amazing things for yourself! :)
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    First and foremost I am so glad this guy showed his douche bag tendencies early on so you don't actually develop feelings for him. Secondly, yes I would date someone who used to be bigger or thinner, if anything that shows how dedicated and responsible a person can be. Clearly this guy was either looking for a hook up or is just a bit too shallow for my liking (and I hope for yours too). Losing close to 70lbs is amazing and I guess you just lost another X amt of lbs as well with his sorry a** off somewhere else. I hope this doesnt discourage you and you keep with your amazing healthy lifestyle and not sweat the jerks in between :flowerforyou:

THIS!!!!

Congrats on your success and do not let this person get to you. Not worth your time at.all!!!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Maybe he was thinking about those studies that show that individuals that lose over 20% of their body mass have a lower RMR than would be predicted by body weight alone, making it more likely that they will regain the weight.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Consider yourself lucky - it's much better for you that he is out of your life. Seriously, who needs that?

That said, it always sucks to feel rejected. But please know that it doesn't matter if you are big, small, gorgeous or cute....everyone gets rejected at various points throughout their life. Keep the focus on yourself, maintain your confidence outside of a relationship and, eventually, the right person will come along if it's meant to be....
  • MelonJMusic
    MelonJMusic Posts: 121 Member
    Uh, glad his true, superficial, and primary (seeing as there's no depth to him) colors showed before anything got serious. I can't even begin to comprehend the mindset of "They used to be fat? Ew, not gonna bother." He's a weirdo loser that needs some help getting over his own insecurities.

Anywho, I'd be more concerned about the fact that YOUR friend is actually friends with this brainless excuse for a human. lol
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    There are not too many a-holes out there. There are a few. They have their own issues. It's not a good match. Better to find out sooner rather than later. I know it can get you down when something like that happens. Don't worry about that one guy. It's easier to hear the negative than the positive. Pick yourself back up and get yourself back out there to meet an amazing guy. Maybe he will be quieter at first. There are tons of wonderful guys to meet. It will be difficult to meet them if you anticipate a bunch of a-holes. Everything of value in life comes with a few rejections along the way.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    clink, clink,
    blink, blink,
    blinky dinky dlink.

somebodyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sounds like you had a lucky escape.

I wouldn't mind in the slightest if someone was bigger at some point. In fact, all of your hard work surely shows determination and commitment!

My boyfriend was with me when I was bigger despite him being a fitness junkie, and says he liked me just as much then as he does now. I think you should just be happy this complete tool is history :)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    clink, clink,
    blink, blink,
    blinky dinky dlink.

somebodyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You made me laugh!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    First and foremost I am so glad this guy showed his douche bag tendencies early on so you don't actually develop feelings for him.

Pretty much this. This says WAY more about him than you.
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Thank you guys! And you're right, glad I found out early on. The inner fat girl defense mechanism has saved me yet again! Hurrrahhh! :drinker:

Now he's just somebody that I used to know...

Somebodehhhhhhhhh! Somebodehhhhhhh!:glasses: