Fell off the wagon - need some help up

Hi All,

I utilized my fitness pal last year for about 6-7 months, and got some great results. I ended up losing about 6 lbs. Everyone was super supportive. I enjoyed logging on each day to see how everyone was progressing, and helping out those who needed a little pick me up.

The reason I left was I ended up getting sucked into the forums and was slightly disillusioned with all the negativity I found there. So, I deleted everyone and tried to go about my weight loss journey on my own. I ended up gaining back my 6 lbs. :frown:

So, now I’m back, and I’m not going to let a few negative comments get in my way!

I’d love to make some new friends, so that we can help each other with our goals! Feel free to read my profile to get to know a bit more about me. I will always try to help out when I can, and be truly encouraging.

Thanks!

Replies

• raelia
    raelia Posts: 23
    I have browsed through the forums before and noticed some of the negativity. I suppose it is because everyone is different and everyone has success different ways. People think their way is the best when it may not be the best way for someone else. I like to hear the different thoughts and opinions of everyone, but I wish people would not have to attack other people. Most of us are here to lose weight and become healthy.

Feel free to add me. I want supportive friends who do not want to end up where they were!
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    I've gained back 4-5lbs!! Itching to lose them again! :/

Feel free to add me!

I'm only negative on certain days. :bigsmile:
  • TangibleTania
    TangibleTania Posts: 8 Member
    Well hi there! I am new here...first post..and I saw your topic....how about remembering to not be too hard on yourself about falling off the wagon..(sounds like there are enough negative people here to do that & good idea you are staying away from that now.) You just keep moving forward. :flowerforyou:

I look forward to figuring this site out more...love the calorie tracker! I also want one of those weight loss trackers you have under your post!!!! :tongue:
  • kimmie0927
    kimmie0927 Posts: 1 Member
    sorry you had an unpleasant experience on the boards. I don't typically get on them very much myself so I haven't been exposed to the negativity. Uplifting and support it what is needed as we are typically hard enough on ourselves! I'll be happy to offer up so positive support! :smile: Keep the focus on yourself and your goals and most of all remember to be forgiving to yourself when you feel you've "fallen of the wagon".
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Feel free to add me as well!! I am back on track this week myself! first few days are the hardest!!
  • isade3
    isade3 Posts: 7
    Hello : ) I'm also coming back to MFP. I can agree on you that there are a lot of bungholes on the forums(or those odd people that sit here all day playing.. "spank, kiss, hug, shag, or pass or WHATEVER THE HELL" threads.. like what the hell.) So yeah I'll add you, gladly.
  • well im pretty new to this so you can add if you want.
  • Thanks for all the kind words everyone! I knew there was a reason I came back to MFP! ^_^
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Well, If you hurt yourself when you fell off that wagon- my husband is a chiropractor; an adjustment can work wonders!
    Seriously though, feel free to add me!
  • ljs385
    ljs385 Posts: 44 Member
    Have fell off the wagon plenty of times in the past, but I'm trying to think of this as a lifestyle change instead of a "quick fix".
    I agree the forums can be negative at times but there are also lots of positive posts too, it's just a matter of choosing what you want to read and taking the rest with a pinch of salt (at least that's how I look at it anyway) :smile: