Runner Buddies

Options
Hi All :bigsmile:

I am looking to add some new friends to my MFP family that are runners.

Whether you're a beginner (like me), or you're a veteran that could provide some tips and tricks, I will take all of the help and motivation I can get. Doing my first 5k in July.

Thanks in advance :flowerforyou:

Britt

Replies

• jldubyah
    jldubyah Posts: 11
    Options
    Added you. I run a few times a week and love it. :flowerforyou:
  • Wiltord1982
    Wiltord1982 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my third season as a runner :) The two other ones were incomplete though... But this year, I'm ready! The winter is finally over ^_^

I'd say I'm intermediate. But I'm really looking forward to improve!

Current bests :

5 km : 23:39
    10 km : 53:03

I'm adding you :)

Everyone can add me ;) I always like extra motivation!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

I run 2-3 times a week and love it!
  • sammie121403
    sammie121403 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I run as often as I can, inside on the treadmill, outside, 2-4 miles each time....Did my first competitive 5K at the beginning of the month and loved it! :) Although, I just dont call myself a runner...i hated it before getting fit and losing all my weight, lol.

I will go add you. :)

33354125.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • erinbeth85
    Options
    Added you. :-) I would consider myself a fairly beginner runner. I've done a small handful of 5K's, and my next one (first this year) is in just five days!! I don't necessarily enjoy running itself, but I do enjoy the sense of accomplishment that I feel after running. I've recently started increasing my run lengths to possibly run a 10K (!!!) in the fall... the longest run I've accomplished so far is 4 miles. I'm not a very fast runner (around a 12:30 mile) but my speed is gradually improving and I'm able to run the entire time without walking, so I'm getting there!
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Runner here! Love my 5k's and ran 12 races in 2012. I'm schedule to run my first half in November!

I'd love new runner friends!
  • RyanDryFly
    RyanDryFly Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! I love new runner!! I've been running for about a year and can't seem to stop. I'm currently running around 50 miles per week with my training. I've ran two half marathons and have one more scheduled in August. I'm also signed up for my first full marathon in December. Here's my PB's for reference and bragging rights. :)

5k: 22:44
    10k: 48:14
    Half Marathon: 1:44

Add me if you want a supportive running buddy.
  • dchief30
    dchief30 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hey any runners can add me I have ran about 3 1/2 marathon and a whole bunch of 5k and also have ran Marathon I do a lot of running (:
  • Stephanie_skinny
    Stephanie_skinny Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am a beginner runner, I have ran a couple of 5Ks and a couple of 10Ks. Feel free to add me
  • 1980amberc
    1980amberc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yay runners! Running changed my life. I couldn't run several minutes 3 years ago and now have done 3 5Ks, 1 15K, 11 half marathons, and 2 full marathons. If you told me that was in my future, I would have laughed, but I had great motivators. I would be happy to support anyone who has running goals. It is hard but SO worth it!