Gained it all back - here we go again!

Options
I lost 53 pounds and was just 4 pounds from my target when I had to start some steroids and gained it all back. So I'm back. I'd love to hear from / friend people who have been through a gain, lost it again and have kept it off. Need some motivation!

Replies

• hunterjumper642
    hunterjumper642 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Just hit the reset button. When this happened to me, I changed my meal plan, my exercise routine, and even found a new gym to spark some new motivation. You will be fine!

Can you work with your doctor to find a medication that will not make it so hard to keep weight off?
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm not on the success end yet, but I too was so close to my goal after losing about 45 pounds, then gained it all back. Starting over is frustrating when you know you were so close before, but I keep telling myself at least I know how to do it this time.
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Tammy...while it no doubt is dishearting...think about it...you did it once and you now KNOW that you can do it. For many people, they give up because they don't see results, while you HAVE seen results. Sure, you wish you could have kept them, but it seems life has sent you a curve ball. Time to get back in there and do it again.

As soon as you get rolling and see those first pounds melt away, you'll get the bug again.

Good Luck!
  • ClintonnGottaDoItAgain
    Options
    I'm going through the same thing. Came here. Got motivated. Lost weight. Hit a snag or fell into some chicken or chocolate cake due to depression and gained it all back. I'm determined to reverse that curse this time around. We are here for continuous support. Feel free to add me.