Kombucha?

Options
I like it,but why is it beneficial?
Buddha's Brew is the only brand I like. Which one do you like best?

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I love kambucha, I don't care what brand it is. I'm planning to start making my own this summer. It's supposed to be super easy, and I have a huge collection of teas for various flavors. I just need the mother to get it started.

It's good for you because it's fermented...in other words, it has lots of beneficial bacteria, similar to the ones that already live in your gut. Eating or drinking any fermented food (real sauerkraut, pickled veggies, keffir, etc.) or taking probiotic supplements will help restore the bacteria in your gut that get damaged or killed off by things like antibiotics (including the ones snuck into our dairy and meat supply) or unhealthy diets.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    What is it?
  • RiverRun61
    Options
    I love fermented foods, but for some reason kombucha gives me an awful headache (?)
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    When I had other brands I would get really sick,too. This brand doesn't make me feel bad at all!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    What is it?

it's a fermented tea. The fermentation process makes it very fizzy, even more so than carbonated water. If you bump the bottle too much the lid will pop right off. It has a slightly vinegar-like taste from the fermentation. It's full of good bacteria and microbes which are great for your gut. They help with digestion, absorption, and they have a great deal to do with your immune system.