Do you work out when you're really sore?

Options
I did two days of the little 30 day shred and wow do i feel it in my thighs. I kind of hobbled around all day at school. Should I push through it and do it again? Or should I focus on another area? Or take rest day?
What do ya'll usually do?

Replies

• DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    i workout when sore all the time .... i say push through if the pain is like bad that you feel u* cannot perform it then dont (Advice) because you might hurt yourself more i never took a rest day but i know a couple of restdays is'nt bad at all
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I say push through. It's called the 30 Day Shred for a reason :)
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    I say push through. It's called the 30 Day Shred for a reason :)
    right
  • rdsxfn
    rdsxfn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Push :) When you're body can't take any more, it will tell you.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    No. I listen to my body. If it's a little sore it's one thing and I probably would do a workout, but you said "really sore", so if I feel "really sore", I won't do the same workout. No sense pushing myself into an injury because I use improper form because I'm really sore.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    me personally in my journey of 30 day shread i never rested and it was never too hard for me just my type of working out with all that jumping and hopping around :laugh:
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're stretching your muscles. You can hurt yourself if you push yourself too hard. If it's a painful kind of hurt, rather than merely uncomfortable, take a day off. If not, than go ahead and push through! Listen to your body, drink lots of water, and stretch.
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Gentle stretching and PROTEIN! If you are sore, move. It will actually help make it better. If you are in pain, that is something all together different. Sore = tired, hard worked muscles. Pain = injury.
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    No. I listen to my body. If it's a little sore it's one thing and I probably would do a workout, but you said "really sore", so if I feel "really sore", I won't do the same workout. No sense pushing myself into an injury because I use improper form because I'm really sore.

Sounds like good advice to me :smile:
  • lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Yes, unless I feel like a sore area is verging on injury. If I'm just very muscularly sore, I continue with my workout plans and usually feel better after and the next day than I do if I don't work out.
  • chloematilds
    chloematilds Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I dont. dont wanna get rhabdo
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Nope. I won't work that muscle group if sore. I allow that muscle group to recover and work on another group or do low impact cardio. .
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    No but a very wise person told me to not just lay around either. Go walk or do yoga just sitting can make it worse.
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    It depends on the type of sore. If you go into a squat and your legs give out, you shouldn't do it again. If you just feel a little sore, it shouldn't hurt you. I wouldn't just sit around though, I would do an active recovery and work some of that lactic acid out of the muscles. It will make it go away faster.
  • Wilbur_NOLA
    Wilbur_NOLA Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Got muscle soreness? Do you even Aleve?