Quick and easy and not so ordinary lunch combos

jrlenig
jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
I I got really tired of salads at lunch time, or pre packages lean meals. I have few a sure fire quick fixes that helped me and I would love to hear some others.

I will share my new favorite! 2 chicken breast tenderloins(boneless and skinless), seasoned with garlic powder, salt, and red pepper, grilled, and then diced and tossed in a Just For One Broccoli and Cheese Sauce. This quick fix is 220 caloires, has 2 grams of fats and 7 carbs!

Replies

• Yum! Sounds good!!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Sounds delicious! I always buy chicken breasts and chicken tenderloins in bulk so that I can through something together for a quick fix, aside from a salad. I like to buy whole wheat tortillas, bacon bits, cheese, and fat free ranch and make myself a yummy chicken wrap for right around 250-300 cals. Very filling! So much to do with chicken and so easy to do it!
  • jayshann
    jayshann Posts: 39 Member
    This sounds great....I think I will try it next week.
  • heatherwidger
    heatherwidger Posts: 11 Member
    bump
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    these are good reheated too so you can make ahead of time.

Makes 6 servings

6 ounces very thinly sliced deli turkey
    3/4 cup salsa or grilled vegetables
    2 1/4 cups liquid egg white
    2 tbsp grated low-fat cheddar

Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly coat each cup of a standard nonstick pan with olive oil.

Line each muffin cup with 1/2 oz turkey. there will probably be a little excess extending from the top of each cup. Spoon 1tbsp of salsa or vegetables into each cup.

Measure 3tbsp of egg whites into each muffin cup. (after the first muffin you can pour the whites from the container to the same level as the first instead of measuring 3tbsps each time.

Place muffin pan in oven and bake 10-12 mins, or until the eggs are puffed and the center is set. Carefully remove the baked eggs from muffin tin and top with cheese.

per serving (2 muffin tin cups)
    70 calories
    12g protein
    2g carb (1g sugar)
    1g fat
    20mg cholesterol
    1g fiber
    220mg sodium
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    these are good reheated too so you can make ahead of time.

Makes 6 servings

6 ounces very thinly sliced deli turkey
    3/4 cup salsa or grilled vegetables
    2 1/4 cups liquid egg white
    2 tbsp grated low-fat cheddar

Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly coat each cup of a standard nonstick pan with olive oil.

Line each muffin cup with 1/2 oz turkey. there will probably be a little excess extending from the top of each cup. Spoon 1tbsp of salsa or vegetables into each cup.

Measure 3tbsp of egg whites into each muffin cup. (after the first muffin you can pour the whites from the container to the same level as the first instead of measuring 3tbsps each time.

Place muffin pan in oven and bake 10-12 mins, or until the eggs are puffed and the center is set. Carefully remove the baked eggs from muffin tin and top with cheese.
    Oh my these sound amazing!!
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member

I will share my new favorite! 2 chicken breast tenderloins(boneless and skinless), seasoned with garlic powder, salt, and red pepper, grilled, and then diced and tossed in a Just For One Broccoli and Cheese Sauce. This quick fix is 220 caloires, has 2 grams of fats and 7 carbs!

Sounds delicious! I am addicted to making pizzas right now on 100 cal tortillas. Depending on what you add to them they range from 200 cals to 300 cals and are totally filling and super yummy!
  • For a quick easy lunch I make a pizza with an english muffin
    1 English muffin
    1/4 cup pizza sauce
    1/4 cup mozarella cheese
    Microwave until cheese melts.
    Only 240 calories.
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    For a quick easy lunch I make a pizza with an english muffin
    1 English muffin
    1/4 cup pizza sauce
    1/4 cup mozarella cheese
    Microwave until cheese melts.
    Only 240 calories.

Don't think that would fill me up but it sounds fun....
This discussion has been closed.