Newbie it's just coincidental that it's New Year's Day

Options
I hate making resolutions but I do want to get some goals spelled out. I had signed up on the site at some point but never used it. I was poking around on the android market and found a version for my phone. It will definitely be easier to keep track of food and exercise on the go.

I hsve about a hundred ponds to lose. About two years ago I got a bad virus followed by injury to my brain so I've been packing extra pounds on top of the ones that were already extra! I'm lucky that the only real damaged part of my brain has, to do with organization type things so I just have to figure out ways to track.

My main goals are to start eating veg and fruit and keep sodium under 1500 mg. I love to cook but I can't (leaving on stove would be a disaster) so I'm always looking for crockpot recipes. I also have to get,exercise even though I still have some balance problems so any suggestions are welcome. I bought a pedaler you use while sittibg down and am hoping to get to 30 min. Also if it gets a little warmer I'm back at water aerobics.

Sorry for the long post but wanted to anyone who wants to buddy up what they are getting into! I will probably have periods of lots of activity and then,some not so good but I usually keep going.

Replies

• Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome back. You can get to your goal weight here and yes, having it on your phone does make it easier to keep track. Good luck on your journey.... :flowerforyou:
  • jostrehler
    Options
    I just found this app on my andriod today. So here I am! I too have had several health issues over the last 8 yrs. that have taken me from 127lbs to 170lbs! I have also not made this a resolution but I have been thinking over the last month that it is time to do something so today seemed like a good day to start. Don't know how much I will use this program but, I am hoping that since I can use it anywhere I will be more apt to stick with it better than others I have tried. My goals this year are to start eating healthier, (I am a junk food junkie) getting more exercise and if all works out my next step is to quit smoking!!! I know that's a lot but these are the things I need to do for myself if I want to improve the quality of my life. I have Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, a couple bulging disks in my back and troubles from smoking! The past few years I have not felt like doing anything because of all the pain but I am determined to get my life back. I am 52 and feel like I am running out of time! Last month the doctor put me on choleserol meds. and told me I need to change my eating habits and get more exercise!!! Wish me luck :smile: and best of luck to you too!
  • gethealthyincali
    Options
    Good luck to you too! I think we have to acknowlege the health issues (something I really like to avoid) and then figure out how to do the best we can. I used to be Type A perfectionist so now I have to say - do a little - it doesn't have to be everything and it doesn't have to be perfect! I can tell you that my mom has bad arthritis and water exercises are a godsend to her. They also worked well for me because if I fall - so what - the water catches me! I just got wussy when the weather got cold so I need to buck up and start back up again. If you want a daily reminder or anything let me know and I can send them - I'm putting a few reminders in my phone (however if I put in TOO many I know I'll just turn it off so like I said baby steps...;)

I'm sure you can do this and the good news is - that if we get our acts together there's a good chance we can dump some of the meds!

:happy: