Online Shoe Purchases

Options
I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a website to buy running shoes at good prices, or is it better to buy them from a store where you can try them on first ? I've looked at a few sites and the prices weren't that great.

Replies

• Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Do you already know exactly what you want? I would highly suggest going to a running store and getting fitted for running shoes. Unless you already know exactly what you want and how it fits and all that jazz. In which case I would still worry more about the return policy instead of the prices just in case.
    Runningwarehouse typically has some good deals on shoes, but the selection can be hit or miss.
  • kenthepainter
    kenthepainter Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what I want yet, I know I'm an overpronater . When I was younger I always ran in Nike's but they all seem to narrow. I was thinking about trying Mizuno's . I'm thinking going to a store is probably best.
  • coconuttjd
    Options
    Until you know what fits best and works for you - buy from a brick and mortar store where you can try on the shoes, and walk around in them.

Once you know, you can buy from anywhere.
  • aswearingen22
    aswearingen22 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what I want yet, I know I'm an overpronater . When I was younger I always ran in Nike's but they all seem to narrow. I was thinking about trying Mizuno's . I'm thinking going to a store is probably best.

you need nix your question then, you need to go to a local running specialty store (not a sporting goods store) and get fitted. Throw them your business and buy your first pair there. If they work out for you, then you can buy new pairs of the same shoes online, I always use runningwarehouse.
  • suzibanshee
    suzibanshee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    look up Joes New Balance Outlet JoesnewbalanceoutletDOTcom
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    zappos.com.

They usually have shoes marked down.
  • nurssassy
    nurssassy Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Go to a store that specializes in running, get fitted and then put a few miles on the running shoes you pick. If they don't work out go back to same running store (most allow you to return/exchange) and try again. Once you find THE shoes for you then you can use online shopping. I use 6pm.com quite a bit (30 day return policy and you eat the shipping) and occasionally The Running Warehouse or Amazon. Zappos has amazing customer service but you pay for it in price tag.
    Tip: when I find a shoe that I really enjoy running in I scour the web and stock up on them, especially if I find them at a great price. Chances are the model you adore running in this year will not bring you joy next year.
    Loved my Mizuno wave creation 11's, then they 12s came out and they were ok. But the 13, 14... well I just can't stand to run in them.