Ladies - Water Weight

Options
So my initial weigh in was going to be on Friday, May 2nd, but my TOM is supposed to be on the 4th. I wanted to move my next weigh in to Saturday, May 17th, so my TOM can pass and I can go back to normal and what not, but I really want to see what my weight is sitting at. If I start before the 2nd, I'll just wait, but if not, I'm tempted to step on the scale. How many days before your TOM does the water weight come on?

Replies

• valynn0312
    Options
    Step on the scale. Just keep the knowledge that your TOM is soon and don't let whatever weight is on there get you down.
    I used to get on the scale daily, just because I enjoyed seeing how my weight fluctuates. It also helped me accurately tell what I weighed.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    The amount of water weight and when you will put it on in your cycle will vary a ton from woman to woman. My vote is for weighing as planned, and keeping the water weight in mind.

I weigh weekly, even when I know I'm carrying water, and it's helped me understand my weight fluctuations better.
  • RobsGirl_lds
    Options
    For me it is 3 days before TOM that I gain, and it is all gone 2 days after TOM is over.
  • Heatherybit
    Heatherybit Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday just to see the fluctuations. During my TOM, I gain 2-6lbs on average. I keep that in mind while on the scale and it's interesting to see the quick drop right afterwards. I have noticed that during the TOM if I have higher levels of sodium my water retention is much higher and I try to eat a lower sodium diet.
  • nespinosa3
    nespinosa3 Posts: 116
    Options
    I gain around 2-3 pounds the days before, go down about 1 lb for the week that I'm actually in the TOM, and then go back to my normal weight XD
    Weigh in whenever you find it better, just take into account that there may be a couple of ounces/pounds that are just water, and don't get depressed about it