Ladies : Heavy Lifters-Issues with palm blisters

Options
Hello gals, so is anybody facing this same issue? My palm is a nightmare(blisters) from deadlifts(i guess).
But seriously anyone ever faced this and did it go away, or what do you do to minimize it?
Would love to hear what you do, please share.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• MichaelRobinson1994
    MichaelRobinson1994 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Not a girl, but I had the same problem when I started lifting...Now the skin on my hands is tough (not dry or rough though) and occasionally the skin with flake a little, but it generally heals before each session now
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am proud to say I have 'em! I have seen people wearing lifting gloves, so that might help. You could also tape your palms before you lift if they are really bad.

Mine are just callouses, so they aren't filled with fluid.
  • wonderbeard101
    wonderbeard101 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If you have blisters on your hands, rather than callouses, chances are the bar is slipping around a lot in your hands, causing heat and friction.

On thing that might help is chalk, as this will prevent some of that slipping. If you can't do chalk in your gym, there are liquid chalk products that are less messy that do the same thing. Gloves will protect your hands, but you'll have to grip harder to hold onto the bar. Plus, callouses are cool! :-)
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Tape, gloves, chalk. They will toughen up with time.
  • Litababy5
    Litababy5 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I use lifting gloves always...i have super soft palms and they help me keep them that way. I keep them in my car so i never forget.
  • kateangel2312
    kateangel2312 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    definitly gloves and no rings underneath