Kinda bummed....

I got back from camping on Sunday (I did okay...no clue if I was WAY over or even close to hitting calories). However, my fiance is here before he deploys and I am natorious for letting loose completely and then working hard after we seperate. The thing is he can eat whatever, whenever and still look great (with no working out). Me, I have to be super strict with eating AND I have to always workout (almost everyday...no time off). It is a few days before TOM but still...I've at least stayed the same if not lost before. I am just frustrated...cause I am doing this to myself because when I am with my fiance...since our time is soo limited now (9 days before he goes) I am not worrying about food or working out so much....is that horrible?

I am bummed cause I am gaining already...

I am heading up to WA (where he lives) for the next week or so! I won't have regular workouts at all and very limited control of what I get to eat (for the most part...I am gonna try to figure out how to tweak that). We'll be with his family a lot and they don't really understand "healthier" eating. I always try to have good workout intentions when I am there but it all goes back to not wanting to give up the time to do it....ugh! :grumble:

However, my mom finally saw a 5lb weight loss. You would never know we were on the same camping trip.

I also don't want to show the weight gain on my ticker....:laugh: but I probably should to stay motivated and work harder.

Dang it I am whinning again!

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    I got back from camping on Sunday (I did okay...no clue if I was WAY over or even close to hitting calories). However, my fiance is here before he deploys and I am natorious for letting loose completely and then working hard after we seperate. The thing is he can eat whatever, whenever and still look great (with no working out). Me, I have to be super strict with eating AND I have to always workout (almost everyday...no time off). It is a few days before TOM but still...I've at least stayed the same if not lost before. I am just frustrated...cause I am doing this to myself because when I am with my fiance...since our time is soo limited now (9 days before he goes) I am not worrying about food or working out so much....is that horrible?

I am bummed cause I am gaining already...

I am heading up to WA (where he lives) for the next week or so! I won't have regular workouts at all and very limited control of what I get to eat (for the most part...I am gonna try to figure out how to tweak that). We'll be with his family a lot and they don't really understand "healthier" eating. I always try to have good workout intentions when I am there but it all goes back to not wanting to give up the time to do it....ugh! :grumble:

However, my mom finally saw a 5lb weight loss. You would never know we were on the same camping trip.

I also don't want to show the weight gain on my ticker....:laugh: but I probably should to stay motivated and work harder.

Dang it I am whinning again!
  • I hear ya, my husband and I went camping for a week and gained 7 lbs. My sister says that if you don't gain at least 5 lbs then the vacation wasn't a good one. Keep up the good work it will come off.
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    I am just frustrated...cause I am doing this to myself because when I am with my fiance...since our time is soo limited now (9 days before he goes) I am not worrying about food or working out so much....is that horrible?

No, it's not horrible that you are spending quality time with your fiance'! You don't have much time to spend with him. I know that you have learned the basis for what is needed for your weight loss and also the right choices to make. Enjoy the time that you have with him before he deploys and work extra hard once he is gone. :flowerforyou:
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Hey, you can do this! :flowerforyou:

I think that just being aware of your situation is a major element in conquering the upcoming obstacles. Just remember that moderation is sooooo important. Maybe you and your fiance can take some time away from everyone and go for walks together......if he's up for that?! Hey, you always burn calories doing, ummmmm, *private* stuff together :bigsmile: too!!!
    Welcome home, honey!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ChubbyBunny

Hey, you always burn calories doing, ummmmm, *private* stuff together :bigsmile: too!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That just made me laugh so hard....
  • ChubbyBunny
    I am just frustrated...cause I am doing this to myself because when I am with my fiance...since our time is soo limited now (9 days before he goes) I am not worrying about food or working out so much....is that horrible?

No, it's not horrible that you are spending quality time with your fiance'! You don't have much time to spend with him. I know that you have learned the basis for what is needed for your weight loss and also the right choices to make. Enjoy the time that you have with him before he deploys and work extra hard once he is gone. :flowerforyou:

Thank you, I almost feel guilty to take the time off. I feel awesome when I am on the ball and haven't felt great the last few days.
  • Oh I feel ya. I like to call it "love chub" hahaa. Anyway..you really don't have much time left with him it seems so I would just say relax..because when hes gone you'll have longer (I'm assuming) to rebuild and hopefully make clean eating and exercising habit. Just hang in there and don't be too hard on yourself..you'll make it!! :happy:
  • soup78

Hey, you always burn calories doing, ummmmm, *private* stuff together :bigsmile: too!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That just made me laugh so hard....

Ahem....you could log it under swimming, depending on intensity, breastsroke, freestyle, vigorous effort!!! LOL:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Oh I feel ya. I like to call it "love chub" hahaa. Anyway..you really don't have much time left with him it seems so I would just say relax..because when hes gone you'll have longer (I'm assuming) to rebuild and hopefully make clean eating and exercising habit. Just hang in there and don't be too hard on yourself..you'll make it!! :happy:

He'll be gone for at least 12 months....with only a slight chance of leave.
  • ChubbyBunny
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070

Thank you, I almost feel guilty to take the time off. I feel awesome when I am on the ball and haven't felt great the last few days.

I think you're just feeling bad because you think your cheating in some way and not staying on track. Don't feel guilty for taking the time off to enjoy the more important things in life, like being around him while you can be. Believe me... if it was me... I'd be to busy wanting to scrump him while he was around :laugh: and not worrying about what I was eating.
  • ChubbyBunny

scrump him

I LOVE IT! That is my knew word.....
  • soup78
    Okay,my mind is out of the gutter (I think):huh: ....Gravy is right, enjoy the present time with him! :drinker: No negative thoughts!!!

So, now all those bad thoughts are gone and you can re-focus on enjoying today! :happy:
    If you what I mean :wink:
  • ChubbyBunny
    HAHA!

Okay, you guys have helped a lot. I feel less guity
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    i've been saying scrump since middle school, i also use scrumpalicious :laugh: as in Vin Diesel is so scrumpalicious. :love: :love: :love: luckily my hubby isn't jealous.
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    My Dear don't worry, I parked my wagon at the curb on friday the first of august and didn't pick it up till the 10th. It was right where I had parked it and thankfully it only had a couple (as in 2) extra pounds on it which I went right back to working them off. Enjoy your time with him and when you get back work out and get back on track. By the way I love your new cut , you look adorable.
    My daughter is currently in Iraq and I get to chat with her almost dayly so that makes it a lot easyer on me , to be able to see her and talk to her. I also sent her packages from home with ranch dressing and popsicles:bigsmile: and home made cookies. She will be home in November and I just can't wait to hug her... but you know the time went by fast, find things you want to acomplish, keep busy and he will be back in no time.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Hey girl!

I know you feel better already but I just wanted to make sure you know that it's OK!! You will be ok!! The important thing is that you are aware of what is going on and want to do something about it. That is a big part of staying on track. Too many times we live in denial and that is MUCH worse.

And with little time as you have with your fiance, the last thing on your mind is going to be counting calories! But just remember that you need to make yourself and your health a priorty as well. You CAN do both. It takes a little work, but it can be done.

And it's not like what is done can't be undone. Look at the present and future and don't dwell on the past! Just back on track when you can!

Good luck!
    -Tam
  • ChubbyBunny
    My Dear don't worry, I parked my wagon at the curb on friday the first of august and didn't pick it up till the 10th. It was right where I had parked it and thankfully it only had a couple (as in 2) extra pounds on it which I went right back to working them off. Enjoy your time with him and when you get back work out and get back on track. By the way I love your new cut , you look adorable.
    My daughter is currently in Iraq and I get to chat with her almost dayly so that makes it a lot easyer on me , to be able to see her and talk to her. I also sent her packages from home with ranch dressing and popsicles:bigsmile: and home made cookies. She will be home in November and I just can't wait to hug her... but you know the time went by fast, find things you want to acomplish, keep busy and he will be back in no time.

Thanks for the compliment on the cut!
    I am planning on sending packages to him too.

I will try to take it easy, but keep what I've learned in mind....just not obsess over it as much as usual (cause yeah...I do that).
  • ChubbyBunny
    Hey girl!

I know you feel better already but I just wanted to make sure you know that it's OK!! You will be ok!! The important thing is that you are aware of what is going on and want to do something about it. That is a big part of staying on track. Too many times we live in denial and that is MUCH worse.

And with little time as you have with your fiance, the last thing on your mind is going to be counting calories! But just remember that you need to make yourself and your health a priorty as well. You CAN do both. It takes a little work, but it can be done.

And it's not like what is done can't be undone. Look at the present and future and don't dwell on the past! Just back on track when you can!

Good luck!
    -Tam

You are such a sweetie! Thank you for being so encouraging. I really appreciate it.
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Aww

He is your priority right now. Put your goals on the back burner and focus on your :heart: time together. Really.

The weight/fitness will work itself out in the long run. Don't stress, enjoy your sweetie.