Let's Clear The Air

Options
It's leg day, and you're ready to squat. You approach the bar, settle in, unrack the weight, and begin your slow descent. Once you get to the bottom of your lift, you squeeze you muscles and begin to thrust the weight back up, and then "it" happens. You hope that no one nearby heard it, but you can't be sure because your iPod was pounding your eardrums while you were pounding out reps. I'm here to tell you that there's nothing to be ashamed of. Everyone farts (at least a little) when doing squats. Instead of trying to pass it off on the guy/girl on the leg press, just own it because a it's sure sign of a good squat routine. There I said it. I fart when I squat, and I'm not afraid to admit it. What about you?

Replies

• Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid to admit it - this is the reason that so many of us skip leg day
  • DrDrayFit
    Options
    I love leg day!!! If it happens oh well.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I did it one day on every single rep. I was a little embarrassed but I owned it.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Farting does the opposite of clearing the air.
  • fuzilojak
    fuzilojak Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I try to think of them as rocket boosters. ;)
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'd rather someone fart themselves unconscious than drown in cologne to stink up the entire gym. This is a big gym with high ceilings. I doubt you'd hear or smell a fart. Mr. cologne smelled like a square block of bordellos. It was horrific! I, being the only woman there at the time, had to "take one for the team" and say something. Fart away folks! No "French baths" please!
  • KaleeCat
    KaleeCat Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I try to think of them as rocket boosters. ;)

Yes! This! Lol
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    bahahaha!! this is so funny... I haven't had it happen to me (yet) but god, have I worked hard to hold some in :laugh:
  • Wilbur_NOLA
    Wilbur_NOLA Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    This week, be loud and proud on leg day!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    It's leg day, and you're ready to squat. You approach the bar, settle in, unrack the weight, and begin your slow descent. Once you get to the bottom of your lift, you squeeze you muscles and begin to thrust the weight back up, and then "it" happens. You hope that no one nearby heard it, but you can't be sure because your iPod was pounding your eardrums while you were pounding out reps. I'm here to tell you that there's nothing to be ashamed of. Everyone farts (at least a little) when doing squats. Instead of trying to pass it off on the guy/girl on the leg press, just own it because a it's sure sign of a good squat routine. There I said it. I fart when I squat, and I'm not afraid to admit it. What about you?

chili + dead lifts.

I have an amazing lift- NO one bothers me.

It happens- I hate the fact that I can't hear it- LOL. it's hysterical.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    its only bad if something slides down your leg.....
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    its only bad if something slides down your leg.....

that awkward moment when you're rest is over- but you aren't sure if you need to *kitten* or fart so you have to wait longer lol
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    LMAO, oh God, I start stronglifts tomorrow and now I am thinking of being next to a bunch of farty dudes.
  • Wilbur_NOLA
    Wilbur_NOLA Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    LMAO, oh God, I start stronglifts tomorrow and now I am thinking of being next to a bunch of farty dudes.

Oh yeah, I forgot...women don't do that.
  • teanerhig21
    teanerhig21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's true! Women.do.not.fart. EVER :explode:
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I accidentally let one sneak out when I was deadlifting. After worrying that someone heard it, I thought "I'm officially a lifter now!".
    I haven't farted during squats, yet. Guess I need to work on my form. I could use a rocket booster sometimes! :laugh:
  • Trad_Barbie
    Trad_Barbie Posts: 166 Member
    Options

Girls farts don't stink, they're little puffs of glitter and sunshine! ;D
    Which is why most of us love leg day!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Meh. It's exhaust from fat burning. Every chemical reaction has a byproduct.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options

Oh yeah, I forgot...women don't do that.

Why would I think about -myself- farting next to the farty dudes? That's embarrassing. :p
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    This is why I work out at home.