anyone lost 12-15% Body fat, if so how long?

Options
Hey everyone, just wondering, I finally got down to 27 percent body fat from 31, but was wondering, if I walk atleast 3 miles per day, with or without my 15 lb weight, and continue to stay 500-800 calories below my calorie goal on here to maintain my weight, how long would it take to drop my body fat percentage to about 15 or less? I do lift weight around the house a few times a week, but it's just 30 lb dumbells, wont be able to regularly get into a gym for about a week or so.

My calorie calc on here tells me after I log my foods if everyday were like today I'd be such and such lbs, like today it said I'd be 197 lbs in 5 weeks, I know I wont be eating the same exact things day, but I'm not sure how accurate this thing is.I figure by August I should def be at my goal, or maybe under it, but if anyone on here has a similar story on what they did, or how long it took to get from the high 20 body fat % to at least 15?

Replies

• TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    It took me 4 months to go from 225lbs (High 20s BF) down to 165lbs. But at 165, I was considered skinny fat. I'd say it took me another 5 months to get where someone stopped complimenting me on weight loss and instead commented on my increase in muscles. The pic I have in my profile to the left is about then. I was about 15%BF.

I've spent time going back between 12-18% in the last year, and now am making a serious run at 8%BF, currently at 13%. Estimate it will take me a couple months...which is amazing, as it's "only" 10 pounds. :noway:

It's a journey. Recommend you read this link, Lyle is one of the best minds out there on building muscle and losing fat.

http://www.afboard.com/forum/showthread.php?35747-A-Thread-Full-of-Lyle-McDonald-Articles

Best Wishes,
    TC
  • aaroneous89
    Options
    awesome reply. .During the weight loss did you do any weight lifting at all, or just straight diet to lose the weight at first?
  • whodarescheerall
    whodarescheerall Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I went from 245 at 35% to 218 at 12% in about 4 months. Would have been faster but i didnt understand dieting so much. Once i was putting enough calories in my body to compensate with insane workload i was having my body go through. I drop weight and body fat like crazy. It was like my trainer said, my body was in starvation mode even though i wasnt necessarily hungry.
  • aaroneous89
    Options
    I went from 245 at 35% to 218 at 12% in about 4 months. Would have been faster but i didnt understand dieting so much. Once i was putting enough calories in my body to compensate with insane workload i was having my body go through. I drop weight and body fat like crazy. It was like my trainer said, my body was in starvation mode even though i wasnt necessarily hungry.

If my calorie goal is 2180 on here, how many calories less would be safe to consume daily to prevent starvation mode, one day I went under 1200 and it was that was to low, once I went over that, it didn't say anything about being low.
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Depends. Think of it like this...how long did it take you to get to this stage of overweight? Now, in today's world of instant gratification, we want the body builder/male model bod almost immediately. Aint going to happen.

With that caveat out of the way, if 2180 is what it's telling you, I personally wouldn't go below 1700. And remember, keep the protein intake high. Fats/carbs are debatable about how much you need..but most people agree that protein is the key macro to keep high. How high? Well, that's for you to research for yourself.

Enjoy the journey to being born again...trust me...while it certainly isn't easy, it will certainly be worth it.