Lost too much weight this week. Help!

Options
Hi all.

So I have lost 5 kilos so far, I only have 3 left to lose, but this week for some reason I began at 71.7 kilos and went down to 69.7 in one week. This is WAY to fast for me (I am currently cutting at a daily intake of 2500 calories - 5"8, 70KGS).

I want to up my calories to 2800 per day, aiming to slow down my weight loss. Problem: I don't want this to make me put on weight, I want it to just maintain OR lose slowly.

So is upping my cals by 300 daily the right thing to do, for my goals? Thanks

Thanks!

Replies

• taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Don't stress, weight loss isn't linear. Stick with what you've been doing and if you have another big loss next week, then reconsider your goals.
  • BaliDream
    BaliDream Posts: 27
    Options
    Lost 5KGS in 5 weeks. Stats: 5"85, 70KGS, Male.

Was bulking for 5 months, so don't want to lose fat too fast to reduce chance of muscle loss.
  • BaliDream
    Options

Was bulking for 5 months, so don't want to lose fat too fast to reduce chance of muscle loss.

Are you sure you are eating as much as you think? By your calculations and with the fact that you have dropped 5kg in 5 weeks you're basically saying your TDEE is over 3000.
    2500 calories to cut sounds like a lot at your height and weight.
    What is your training like?

How many calories were you bulking on? What were your macros during that time?
    What was your weight at the beginning of your bulk?
    What was your end weight?
    What are your macros now?

Also take into consideration when you begin cutting you drop some water weight and will have less undigested food in you track than you did when you were bulking.

I train 4 times a week, 45 minutes each session (a program similar to StrongLifts). I do a lot of walking, I walk everywhere. I was bulking on around 3500 calories at the time. My macros were 40 prot, 40, carb, 20 fat, and I still stick to this during cutting. My weight at the beginning of my bulk was 70KGS, my end weight was 75KGS (it was a slow, clean bulk).

And surely, I wouldn't STILL be losing water weight 5 weeks down the track?

But my main question is, is increasing my calories by 300 per day the right thing to do. I do not want to put weight back on. But I want to slow weight loss.
  • BaliDream
    Options

Are you sure you are eating as much as you think? By your calculations and with the fact that you have dropped 5kg in 5 weeks you're basically saying your TDEE is over 3000.
    2500 calories to cut sounds like a lot at your height and weight.
    What is your training like?

How many calories were you bulking on? What were your macros during that time?
    What was your weight at the beginning of your bulk?
    What was your end weight?
    What are your macros now?

Also take into consideration when you begin cutting you drop some water weight and will have less undigested food in you track than you did when you were bulking.

I train 4 times a week, 45 minutes each session (a program similar to StrongLifts). I do a lot of walking, I walk everywhere. I was bulking on around 3500 calories at the time. My macros were 40 prot, 40, carb, 20 fat, and I still stick to this during cutting. My weight at the beginning of my bulk was 70KGS, my end weight was 75KGS (it was a slow, clean bulk).

And surely, I wouldn't STILL be losing water weight 5 weeks down the track?

But my main question is, is increasing my calories by 300 per day the right thing to do. I do not want to put weight back on. But I want to slow weight loss.

I want to offer advice but unfortunately you are giving much to work with.

Saying you were doing 40 40 20 as macros makes no sense at all. You're basically saying you had protein at 350g during your bulk and now it's not 250g?

You gained 5kg in 5 months but managed to lose the entire 5kg in 5 weeks?
    You say you gained a little over .5 lbs per week on 3500 calories that means your TDEE is closer to 3250?

If you don't feel like addressing the above that's fine. As far as your question, should you increase 300 calories. I'd say what does it matter at this point. You weigh less that you did at the start of your bulk over 6 months ago. So obviously something you are doing is off.

Apologies if I came off as blunt or vague! Was not the intention. Thank you so much for taking the time out to help me.

Look, I handled my transformation in a way that would allow me to not obsess during the process. I did not count/measure my exact grams of macros, I did not feel the need. I roughly balanced/balance my daily calories out so that 40% of what I eat is protein, 40% is health carbs and 20% is healthy fats, within a 2800 calorie frame. I have a super fast metabolism and drop weight very quickly.

Over the past 6 months of bulking cutting I have developed a lot of definition in my arms, shoulders etc, which I never had. I have undoubtedly gained a satisfying amount of muscle which I never had. I am now also discovering a six pack. I am very happy with my progress, I just want to get rid of the last few kilos of fat covering over my muscles. My strength has rocketed and am lifting triple the weight I could lift at the beginning of the six months.
  • BaliDream
    Options
    The reason why I weigh less than when I started my bulk is because I had a lot of excess fat to begin with. Now I have gained muscle, lost fat, and am trying to get rid of that final layer. My body fat % has gone down by around 3.5%. Currently at 11.5%.
  • BaliDream
    Options
    What's that supposed to mean?