Stir fry recipes

Options
Mygsds
Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
Hello, love to have stir fry if I'm out for dinner but rarely make at home. I don't know what to use for sauce and would love your recipes or ideas. Thanks so much in advance...

Replies

• JoMoMOMx3
    JoMoMOMx3 Posts: 77
    Options
    bump because im looking for some too
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Hunan Chili Mushrooms
    Source: Soup Spice Everything Nice
    Serves 2 or 4 as part of a multi-course meal

Ingredients

1 lb mushrooms (baby bellas), halved or quartered
    2 Tbsp vegetable oil
    4 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
    2 Tbsp dry sherry
    1 Tbsp cornstarch
    2 tsp brown sugar
    1 can baby corn, drained
    3 to 5 green onions cut into 1 inch pieces
    1” piece of ginger, peeled and minced
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 red bell pepper, cut into strips 1" long
    1 jalapeno, halved and sliced(remove seeds if you don't like spice)
    1 tsp hot chili oil
    Hot cooked rice

Directions

Prepare mushrooms and other ingredients. Combine soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch and brown sugar in medium bowl, set aside.

Heat work over high heat for 1 minute or until hot. Drizzle 1 Tbsp vegetable oil into wok and heat 30 seconds. Add mushrooms; stir-fry until mushrooms begin to brown. Push mushrooms to the sides of wok drizzle in remaining 1 Tbsp vegetable oil add corn, onions, ginger, garlic, red pepper and jalapeno to wok stir-fry 1 minute. Add sauce mixture and chili oil. Cook and stir until heated through and sauce begins to thicken. Serve over hot rice.
  • dklibert
    Options
    Shrimp with Mushrooms and Bamboo Shoots
    Serves 4

Ingredients

For the stir-fry:
    2 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil, divided
    1 lb 26/30 shrimp, peeled and deveined
    1 tsp minced garlic
    1 tsp minced ginger
    8 oz ****ake mushrooms, sliced
    2 tsp white wine vinegar
    2/3 lb snow peas, trimmed
    8 oz can bamboo shoots, drained

For the sauce:
    3 tsp oyster sauce
    2 tsp light soy sauce
    2 tsp sugar
    2 tsp cornstarch
    1/2 cup water
    1 tsp chicken bouillon

Directions

Be sure to prepare and gather all ingredients before you start cooking. Peeled and devein the shrimp. Prepare the snow peas; trim the ends and peel the edges (they are tough). In a small bowl, mix remaining oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, water and bouillon. Stir to combine and set aside.

Heat up a large deep pan or wok over med-high heat. Add 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Wait until oil is very hot. Add shrimp, saute for about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms; cook for a minute or so until the fragrant, then add the white wine vinegar.

Add the snow peas and bamboo shoots, stir. Stir-fry with the vegetables until combined.

Add the sauce mixture. Keep stirring. Do not overcook the snow peas. Remove from the heat when the sauce has thickened. Serve over cooked white or brown rice (optional).
  • dklibert
    Options
    Inside Out Egg Roll
    Serves 3-4

Ingredients

1 Tbsp canola oil
    1/2 a roll of reduced fat pork or turkey breakfast sausage
    1 or 2 garlic cloves, grated
    1" piece of ginger, grated
    1 bag (16 oz.) Cole slaw mix
    Soy sauce (reduced sodium) to taste
    1/8 tsp. Chinese five-spice powder
    Salt, white pepper and red pepper flakes to taste

Optional garnishes:
    Green onions, sliced
    Toasted sesame seeds
    Fried Chinese noodles

Directions

Sauté sausage in oil until brown. Add garlic, ginger, and slaw mix; saute until it starts to reduce in size. Add soy sauce, five spice powder, salt and peppers to taste. Sauté a little longer and serve. Garnish with any or all garnishes from above.
  • 1reneeski
    1reneeski Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Chicken Teriyaki

Ing: Chicken breast cut up in bite size pieces
    Teriyaki sauce ( I use Essential Everyday one from Albertsons, it has the best flavor)
    Any veggies you want.

Steamed brown rice

I usually use 2 pans. One for chicken and one for the veggies because my son loves this and I make
    extra chicken just for him : )

Start the chicken between low and medium, don't add the sauce yet. Season with pepper. After you
    have turned the chicken a few times, drizzle the sauce over it, and stir. You don't really need a bunch
    of it for the chicken because as the chicken cooks, it gives off juice and that will mix with the teriyaki sauce,

Once the chicken is about 1/2 way done, turn on the veggies. Drizzle with a little teriyaki sauce.
    They just have to cook until soft, try not to over do it. (the safest way is to steam then add sauce later)

Once veggies are done, and chicken is cooked, I mix it all in a large bowl.

I never use oil, just spray the pans before hand. Also, if the pan is too hot, the sauce will get thick,
    keep stirring.

Enjoy!
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Chicken & Pumpkin Stir-Fry
    *from Donna Hay

Ingredients

2 tablespoons (40ml) peanut oil
    2 onions, sliced
    2 small red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
    ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
    4 chicken breasts, sliced
    600g pumpkin, peeled and thinly sliced
    3 tablespoons (60ml) fish sauce
    ¼ cup basil leaves

Method

1. Heat oil over medium-high heat then cook onions, pepper, and chillies for 1 minute
    2. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes or until browned
    3. Add pumpkin and fish sauce, then cook for 3-10 minutes (depending on how thick slices are) until pumpkin is just soft
    4. Stir through basil leaves and serve with jasmine rice

Nutritional Information

- Recipe yields 5 servings
    - Each serving (no rice) contains ~412 calories, 16g carbs, 61g protein, and 10g fat
  • jcast92
    jcast92 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Stir fried lettuce:
    1 head of lettuce
    2-4 tablespoons oyster sauce (depending on your tastebuds and all that)
    2 tsp sesame oil
    You stir it all together until the lettuce gets softer but not wilted (I personally let it get more wilty than usual because I like it that way). eventually it'll all reduce to a manageable, tasty amount!

My absolute fave was this one though: http://www.howsweeteats.com/2014/02/chili-garlic-beef-stir-fry-with-coconut-jasmine-rice/
    I've pasted the recipe here.

Chili Garlic Beef Stir-Fry with Coconut Jasmine Rice
    1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced beef
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon pepper
    1/4 cup olive oil
    3 tablespoons brown sugar
    1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, diced
    2 teaspoons adobo sauce from the can of chipotles in adobo
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    2 tablespoons coconut oil
    1 green bell pepper, chopped
    1 red bell pepper, chopped
    1 sweet onion, sliced

coconut jasmine rice
    1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
    1 1/2 cups light canned coconut milk
    1/2 cup coconut water
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
    2 tablespoons finely shredded, unsweetened coconut

directions:
    chili garlic beef
    At least 2 hours before, season the beef with salt and pepper. Whisk together the oil, sugar, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce and garlic cloves in a bowl. Add the beef to a baking dish or ziplock bag and pour the marinade ingredients overtop. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or even overnight.

When you're ready to cook the beef, heat a large skillet or wok over high heat. (as a note, I do not add the marinade to the skillet - I remove the beef with kitchen tongs and whatever marinade is on the beef comes along. The rest is discarded.) Add the coconut oil and once melted, add the beef in 2 or 3 batches. You don't want to crowd the beef and you only want to cook it for a few minutes so it stays tender. Sear the beef for 1 to 2 minutes, then flip and sear the other side. Remove the beef and place in a bowl - and repeat with remaining beef.

Once all of the beef is in the bowl, reduce the heat to medium-high. Add in the peppers and onions and stir well to coat, scraping any bits off the bottom. Cook until the vegetables just start to soften, about 2-3 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, add the beef back to the skillet and toss. Cover and let sit over warm heat for 5 to 10 minutes so the flavors can marry a bit. Serve immediately with the coconut jasmine rice.

coconut jasmine rice
    Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat and add rice, coconut milk, coconut water and salt. Stir, then bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and let cook for about 30 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork, then stir in coconut oil. Stir in the shredded coconut and serve. Adjust the liquid and cook time according to your directions.
  • dklibert
    Options
    Chicken Basil Cashew
    Source: soup spice everything nice
    Serves 2 to 4

Ingredients

5 cloves garlic, minced
    1 jalapeno or serrano chili, seeded and thinly sliced crosswise
    4 tsp canola oil
    2 boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
    2 cup fresh green beans
    2 teaspoon fish sauce
    2 teaspoon soy sauce
    2 teaspoon brown sugar
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    2 cup fresh basil, loosely packed
    Cashews, for a garnish
    1 cup long grain white rice, prepared per package directions

Directions

Minced together garlic and chiles using a large knife, smear with the side of the knife to paste it a little. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until garlic is just golden, about 20 seconds. Add chicken; cook, stirring often, until chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Add green beans and continue to cook another minute. Stir in fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and pepper. Add basil; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Season with more pepper, if desired. Serve over rice. Garnish with basil and cashews.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Hello, love to have stir fry if I'm out for dinner but rarely make at home. I don't know what to use for sauce and would love your recipes or ideas. Thanks so much in advance...

Red chili paste plus honey equals spicy honey sauce for shrimp and chicken. Pair with carrots, green onions and water chestnuts over rice.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much.. What fantastic cooks out there!!!