What are you most proud of since joining MFP?

Options
For me, it is that I have lost my fear of working out when others are around. I'm not ready for the weight room yet (then again, I don't even enjoy that), but I don't care if there are beautiful models also in the gym, I'm there to do what I came to do, and they are of no consequence to me. Previously, I would have ditched before I burned 3 calories if I didn't have the place to myself.

My mind is different...I'm liking my daily exercise, I'm enjoying the challenge of staying within target (most days), and I'm starting to choose foods based on their nutritional value plus taste, not just taste and convenience. Still feels foreign to me but I like it.

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Knowing that I am able to run.
    I didn't really run until MFP, kind of derpy slowly jogged.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Stronger, faster, better
  • Sharonwalkergmailcom
    Sharonwalkergmailcom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well for me it's being able to reach out.im a very private person, but with change comes confidence.
  • PurpleCupcakes01
    Options
    Logging everything I put in my mouth. It has really opened up my eyes a lot
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Working out without seeking approval or company. It use to be I only went to the gym is someone accompanied me and if they made excuses or backed down from plans I would too. Now I find solace in doing my own thing. In fact I prefer not to have company so I can focus and take my time. I guess it boils down to making myself a priority in my own life.
    I also signed up for three consecutive events including two 5ks and a mud run to motivate myself. Previously I wouldn't have cashed out so much so fast but now I know I will stick with it.
  • Xingy01
    Xingy01 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I was 350 lbs and struggled to put my socks and shoes on. I couldn't walk a few feet without breathing heavily. Today I made it under 300 lbs for the first time in 7 years. Socks and shoes? Piece of cake. Walking? Easy peasy. My quality of life is improving with every pound I lose.
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    being more accoutnable to myself
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    1. I am now watching what I eat which means I am now learning and getting to know food at it's best.
    2. Exercise is now part of my lifestyle.
    3. Appreciating every bit and inch of my body - I love the transformation - e.g muscles, waist.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Consistency. I've logged everything every day for over nine months and the results show. I tend to feel that I'm in the middle of a permanent plateau, weight loss is so slow! But it's amazing to look back and realise how far I've come since last July. And that's just because I've trusted in the process and stuck to it.

(It's still too slow though!!!)
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    My adventures. By losing enough weight I was able to rappel down a friend's office building. My first triathlon is coming up in 10 days. In 13 days I'll be going skydiving. After that I am already scheduled for my 2nd tri of the season, rappelling, biking a marathon, ice climbing, and two tris for 2015. I couldn't do those things 174 lbs ago.
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My commitment. I have never committed before. I would always start strong and then give up after a couple of weeks. The fact that I've stuck with this for the past 4 months is a huge accomplishment and one I'm proud of!

Also, I'm surprised and proud of how strong I've gotten. I was never a runner before, never liked it. Last night I ran 4 miles with a 9:38 pace. That felt amazing! I'm pretty darn proud of that. Would have never happened without MFP.
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    my willpower.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    When I actually did weigh the weight I always told people I was (140 pounds) I really felt pretty a!mazing. And when I broke 140 lbs and started into the 130s I brealized I hadn't been there since Jr. High. It is a marvelous feeling.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    1. my dedication to logging everything I eat with a food scale, measuring cups and or using the scan bar code option.
    2. eating and staying full within my calorie ranges every day and losing weight.
    3. doing this all without diet pills, or any other diet aids besides willpower, determination and exercise. :smile:
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    My new confidence and vastly improved self esteem.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    i think just looking at how drastically i changed how i look at food intake and hunger. i used to eat and eat and eat, not because i was hungry but because i was a glutton. now i dont snack between meal unless i feel drained or genuinely hungry.

soon i know i wont even need MFP to track calories, but i more than likely will still just for peace of mind
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Two things really, one diet and one fitness related:
    1/ Losing the fat I had been carrying around for over 20 years.
    2/ Cycling 100 miles in a day - setting a fitness personal best in your 50's is very satisfying!
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Learning that I am able to do anything I put my mind to.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    For me, that I don't let the opinions of others bother me anymore (people of differing opinions have called me a troll...they can bite me) and I have the discipline to keep getting back on my proverbial horse at the moment I fall off.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    The smile on person I see in the mirror each day :flowerforyou:

And my muscles, very proud of my muscles :bigsmile: