Hi I'm New

Options
I live in the Atlanta area and am new to myfitnesspal would love to hear from someone about this program and how it has worked for them.

Replies

• PhilBlock
    PhilBlock Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm new to My Fitness Pal also! Been working out for a year now, but was using another site to track my progress. Heard good things about this one, so I'm trying it out. Like it a lot so far :-)
  • sexyheart
    Options
    You look awesome Phil, keep up the work outs. I am new as well and am excited about this website it really look like it will be a big help in tracking and following my progress.
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too! My hubby (2 posts up lol) told me about this site. I had been using "Lose It" on my phone but he suggested I check this site out. So far I love it!! I'd love to add a bunch of friends on here to keep me motivated!
  • SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    I have been using this site about 3 months now, I have 35 lbs I wanted to loose post baby and I had worked out for 2 months only loosing 4lbs on my own. I was even doing a high intensity boot camp.
    Once i found this site I have lost 18lbs thus far!!

This site is great and there is great support here!! Feel free to add me if you want :happy:
  • Running4hissanity
    Options
    Hey I am new too My Coach Phil (Above) posted a link about this site. I started using Myfitnesspal and love it. I previously used the Livestrong site but here they have a better selection of workouts and a bigger selection for the food database too.
  • PhilBlock
    Options
    You look awesome Phil, keep up the work outs. I am new as well and am excited about this website it really look like it will be a big help in tracking and following my progress.

Thanks for the compliment. It's been a long road so far, but I'm determined to get my 6 pack this year. tightening up the diet and really going for it!!
  • PhilBlock
    Options
    You're doing great Chris!! keep up the good work!
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm new here as well. I started to use MyFitnessPal on my Droid instead of keeping track of my calories in a notebook, which is what I've been doing for over a year now. My goal is to lose about 50 lbs this year. I have no desire to lose weight quickly or jump into a diet that gives me fast results.

I'm looking for a long-term change of eating habits, and I have to be able to live with the changes.

I realized, with MyFitnessPal, that there are nutrients that I'm not getting. (I keep coming in low on potassium especially.) This has encouraged me to aim for healthier choices, and I hope it makes a difference!
  • sexyheart
    Options
    Thanks SassyStef, I will add you to my list of "growing" friends or should I say shrinking.......oh well. I am glad to the success stories and for you keep up the great work, seems like you are doing all the right things. I need friends like you to keep me motivated. Have a great New Years Day!
  • sexyheart
    Options
    I know it is a long road Phil but feel you have the drive to get that 6 pack. I like your quote in your tag line "Anything is achievable if you want it enought", might have to call on you for more encouraging words.
  • sexyheart
    Options
    Me too Coyla, I think taking it slow is better for the body too. I am just impatient in what I want to achieve but I just take deep breaths and work at it one day at a time. I started out finding myfitnesspall on my recently purchased Ipod Touch and am going to track it that way as well as online. I just type faster when on the computer than the keys off the touch. I would like to get rid of about 50 lbs myself, but will start with the first 5. :happy: