T.H.E. Team... its a NEW YEAR....Join us! :0)

Options
resolutions.jpg

Weather you are making a new start or coming back after a break...welcome you to our group!
This group started in January of 2008. We are NOT new to the world of weight loss or setting goals. We know what we need to do and the new year is just the right time to make a fresh start!

Lets start the new year off right making NEW goals and helping each other stay accountable for reaching them! The secret to maintaining a healthy lifestyle for me has always been having the support. If you want friends that will encourage you and help you along the way, including kicking ya in the butt with the padded slipper when necessary and will vow to do the same for other members of this group... THIS is the group for you!

I'd like to start us off fresh for the new year with introductions as I am sure that there will be several new people who want to participate. There is no approval process. Just come introduce yourself, tell us your goals and aspirations for the new year. Are you new to this? What kind of support do you need? What is your biggest GOAL this year besides losing weight?

This group is not only about supporting eachother to lose weight. We build lasting friendships here! If you can commit to WEEKLY Weigh-ins, Posting regularly to our bi-weekly thread and committing yourself... we WANT you on our team!!

Weigh in on FRIDAYS and let us know your progress. Every 2 weeks we will start a new thread and the new link will be posted at the end of the previous thread.

Happy New Year & Welcome to T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team! :drinker:

Replies

• dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi- I'm new and would like to join. I found MFP back in November, and although I don't log in every day, every day I do I find new sources of inspiration. So, my story goes something like this: 10 years ago, I lost about 35 pounds over the course of about 3 years by fundamentally changing my eating habits and starting to exercise regularly. After a particularly difficult break-up 3 1/2 years ago, I took a major hit to my self-confidence and felt lost when I asked myself what I wanted. I had been on autopilot for too long. SInce then, I've gained about 15-20 pounds back, and I feel terrible. I still try to do some kind of exercise every day, but I'm recovering from an injury and it's tough. I need friends to keep me on track because I don't have any in my day to day life who I'm close enough to that I feel comfortable sharing this with. How strange is that? I feel more comfortable sharing with complete strangers than people who by all standards, are supposedly friends:smile:

So, weigh-ins are Fridays? Do we get reminders? How does it work?

Oh, and my other goals for the year (other than the obvious) are to: try acupuncture, learn to play chess, and take more time off from work (i'm also a workaholic)...
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    My Intro...

I am 37 years old, happily married and a SAHM with 3 kids of my own and 1 exchange student. My oldest is in college and the other 3 are high schoolers.

Back in January 2009, I started with MFP after reaching a high weight of 252lbs. 4 months and 40lbs later, I hit a bad plateau and decided to maintain for a while. I was pretty successful for a long time. I had learned new habits and walked regularly, so maintaining was easy for me. I still had a goal to reach, but the motivation to get back on a regular routine was just not there. I gained back 12lbs over the course of a year and was none too happy about it! I've slowly been working on that and have dropped a few pounds since, but its time for me to be more serious. Its TIME for me to stop being lazy and to reach the goal I orginially set for myself, not allowing for excuses.

I could not have gotten as far as I had without the support of my MFP team on my side. Pushing me, keeping me accountable. What I need is someone to kick me in the BUTT! Someone to chew my rear when I get lazy.... and I DO get very lazy!! haha!! SO, with that... My current weight is 222. My goal weight for now is 200. I am 6ft tall and this is what my Dr reccommended as a first goal weight for me.

Aside from losing weight, my biggest goal this year is to FINALLY run a 5K. I am not a runner by nature. At my lowest weight I had started getting into it and would really like to pursue that more. My oldest is an athlete runner, so running a 5k with her would be a big challenge for me! ANY advice on how to tackle this is much appreciated.

As for exercise.. my defaults are cardio. I love the elliptical and the treadmill and I own one of each. Im a Jillian Michaels freak also and have several of her home workout DVDs but really havent gotten serious enough to try them out. Thats gotta change! I need to build more muscle as well. I love to walk and its not uncommon for me to walk about 3-7 miles a day, especially if I have someone to walk with! I have a wii and do wii fit... the last time I got on it was about a week ago and before that it had been like 237 days... :blushing: Lets just say.. the little voice groaned when I stepped on it but I was only up a pound from 237 days ago, so thats not horrible.

I know If I put my mind to it, I can do anything. And, Im finally ready to really commit myself to reaching my goals and changing my lifestyle for the better. :0)
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    So, weigh-ins are Fridays? Do we get reminders? How does it work?

Oh, and my other goals for the year (other than the obvious) are to: try acupuncture, learn to play chess, and take more time off from work (i'm also a workaholic)...

Welcome!!!

Yes, weigh ins are always on Friday and I don't send out reminders but I might remind on the thread. I would encourage you to friend everyone who joins this group through MFP so you can see when they post to the thread. This helps a lot with remembering to do it. There are several of us on Facebook as well who post our exercise and weigh in stats up there. That also helps me remember to log everything, especially my exercise and food.

This is what a normal weigh in looks like

SW=Start weight/ GW=Goal weight/ CW=Current Weight/ Weekly result.

So if I were to post my weigh in stats for this week.. this is what it would look like....

Losingit4good: SW 222 / GW 200/ CW 222 / No loss

We try to keep a running list for the weekly weigh in so its easy for people to support each other. To do that, you just highlight the latest list of weigh in results, hit the "Quote" button and add your results the end of the list. (Don't worry, it sounds harder than it is... I'll try to keep us organized until everyone catches on)

Some people also have a hard time putting their real weight out there or have reached goals and are working twards maybe logging miles on a bike or ?? and thats fine. If you don't want to share your actual weight, you can update us with the end result each week. Its totally up to you how you want to share that info with the group.
  • dlj1970
    dlj1970 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Will do! I will send you a friend request. That way I will see you log your weigh-in and be reminded to do mine:happy:
    I love new beginnings!
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm new within the past few days. I'm pretty good at logging in during my work week because I can log in while working and check out the forums, update my things, or whatever is necessary. Currently waiting on the warranty company to get me a new graphics card (the other one shot itself) before I can use my computer again. Which is slightly hurtful to me because my weekends are Thur/Fri (weigh-in days :( ). Hopefully I will get that fixed extremely soon. But I do have an iPhone, so updates can be made from my phone!

*Before starting at MFP I went through a 2week period that I lost 12lbs during watching my cal. intake and exercising. Unfortunately a shift-change at my work came around and because of my hours I found less time to work out, which quickly lead to me gaining that weight back. This was back in September. I felt without motivation, I couldn't do it alone.

While with MFP started at 191, and within the past 5ish days I haven't really seen a decline. But I also haven't been working out as much as I want to due to the schedule I noted above. But I'm also determined to find a work out partner and continue to get back in shape!

SW: 191 (12.26.10)
    GW: 135
    CW: 191/no loss

I want to accomplish a few things besides weight loss this year, maybe a Cruise or going out on the town, as I am inside a lot and want to see more of the sun! New friends for sure. Being newer to the Austin, Tx area, I've only worked my butt off and it seems like I don't get out enough to meet new people.

I'm assuming the bi-weekly posts and Weekly Weigh-in posts will be here? Or at least in Motivation and Support?
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Thanks Cyndi for starting the thread again. I hadn't weighed in since the end of September and today I updated my weight and I had lost 2 lbs. That is nice.

About me. I am 52 yrs old. I've always been over weight but June of 2009 I was at my highest when I started MFP at Cyndi's insistence LOL. I lost 34lbs in about 3 months then went on vacation and have been on vacation from MFP since. I've kept 26lbs off but I still have a long way to go. I too would like to get to my first goal of 200lbs. my highest was 272lbs. I find it hard to keep logging my food and that is what I need help with. When I log I do good on my calorie intake. I don't exercise much because I have fibromyalgia. I have to do things in spirts. So I clean house in spirts, get up and move around in spirts. I can walk though and I like to do that but I hate to walk alone so I don't do it much.

I am single with 4 grown children. My son's age 23 and 19 live with me. My 23 yr old is married and his wife lives here also. They keep me from being lonely. They are great kids and I enjoy them a lot. I have 1 grand daughter who is 10 yr old and 1 grandchild on the way...due in August.

If any of you have good recipes for easy dinners that are made of common foods not ones I have to go buy special stuff for....please post I need to learn how to cook good things. I mostly cook easy things from a box and they aren't any good for you.

Good luck in the New Year and I hope everyone reaches their goals quickly and easily. We are all here for you at any time. Please yell for help when you need some.

Deb
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Oh forgot to tell you. I started a new relationship with a man in September and I thought it was going well, but it's really not and I have been fooling myself. It is probably going to end tonight so I might need some encouraging so that I don't eat because I miss him. So please pray for me. I really love him but he has issues I don't think he is ready to deal with to make a relationship work.

My goal this year is to be able to go back to New York to visit my daughter again. So I have to save money and I want to lose weight so all the walking doesn't kill me.

Deb
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    I'm assuming the bi-weekly posts and Weekly Weigh-in posts will be here? Or at least in Motivation and Support?

Welcome Sigra!!

I found that it works best to TRY to check in on a daily basis. That is just me tho. Checking in on the thread not only keeps me motivated but helps to keep others going as well when they need support and motivation.

A new thread will be started every 2 weeks because once things get going and we get chatty, the thread can get pretty long. So its just easier to start a new one every couple weeks. We used to do it weekly, but it got to be too much for me to remember to do, so we will shoot for new threads every 2 weeks and the link to the new thread will be posted at the end of the previous thread.

I also have an iphone which I need to utilize more for logging foods. I always use it to log exercise but its harder for me to remember to keep my food logged for some reason. For that, Ive found it easier to come up with a plan for the week by filling out my log ahead of time then going back and modifying it if necessary. This also makes my grocery shopping trips easier, because I have a plan and I dont buy things on impulse just to find out later it was not something I should NOT have eaten.. LOL

Anyway... Welcome aboard!!!! Glad to have ya!!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options

If any of you have good recipes for easy dinners that are made of common foods not ones I have to go buy special stuff for....please post I need to learn how to cook good things. I mostly cook easy things from a box and they aren't any good for you.

Oh I have a ton of recipes. I have 4 of the biggest loser cookbooks and they are AWESOME!! Hubby LOVES the food that I cook out of those books and they are easy and fast. Some of them take special things, but they only use a little bit, so once you buy it and have it on hand, you can make it over again without having to spend the money on the special ingredient each time. Easy peezy! Will share some with you soon.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Oh forgot to tell you. I started a new relationship with a man in September and I thought it was going well, but it's really not and I have been fooling myself. It is probably going to end tonight so I might need some encouraging so that I don't eat because I miss him. So please pray for me. I really love him but he has issues I don't think he is ready to deal with to make a relationship work.

My goal this year is to be able to go back to New York to visit my daughter again. So I have to save money and I want to lose weight so all the walking doesn't kill me.

Deb

Definitely will keep ya kn my prayers deb and I have my padded slipper ready to keep you away from that fridge! :0) Do yourself a favor and get rid of any candy or junk that can easily become snacks. Not having it in the house will make it easier to avoid going for it if you get stressed. :0)
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options

Deb

Sorry to hear that Bee :( I'm having some troubles myself and know how hard it is not to sit and do nothing while it's happening.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Thanks Cyndi - New Year's resolutions here we come! :sad: :happy:
    I've been off track for a while, so its good to be back. I know for me, the secret is counting the calories. And this is the best place to do that! Inspiring, fun, and supportive. Good luck everyone! I haven't updated my ticker yet, so just ignore what you see. Its months old. I will enter my stats later, when I get on the scale. I'm looking forward to a great year! Here's hoping we all are successful in our goals! :drinker:
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    This is such a great thread. I love group weight loss programs, because people motivate each other. That is how I lost over 90 lbs, with the first 42 lost in a group TEAM weight loss. I want to lose another 8 lbs just to say I lost 100. I know it's probably not the best reason to lose the extra weight (and go beyond the initial goal), but it's still a reason. I was wondering if I can still join even with just 8 lbs left to go. I would not leave you guys once I am done, because I want to be here for each and every person who needs a word of comfort, advice, or just a shoulder. Let me know, and I'd be sure to add you all as friend and post my weight.

<3 and happy new year!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    This is such a great thread. I love group weight loss programs, because people motivate each other. That is how I lost over 90 lbs, with the first 42 lost in a group TEAM weight loss. I want to lose another 8 lbs just to say I lost 100. I know it's probably not the best reason to lose the extra weight (and go beyond the initial goal), but it's still a reason. I was wondering if I can still join even with just 8 lbs left to go. I would not leave you guys once I am done, because I want to be here for each and every person who needs a word of comfort, advice, or just a shoulder. Let me know, and I'd be sure to add you all as friend and post my weight.

<3 and happy new year!

Absolutely!!! This thread is for anyone who has goals or wants to participate in keeping others motivated. I know I fully intend to reach my goal and will need the team to help keep me focused. Welcome!!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Thanks Cyndi, for getting us back started...

My Name is Sheila Wignal I am 40 years old I am Married to Kenroy... we have 1 daughter together Cassie she is 10.. and I have 3 from before Dustin 22 , Neko 20, and Julia 18.. I am been over weight since I had my oldest Son but I have been at my highest last year I was doing really good on MFP and Lost 50 pounds and then with all my health issues I have gained some a lot of my weight back I feel misserable... I am going to dr.'s first thing monday morning to get all my medication straight so that I can have my energy back to get motivated... I hate feeling like this... I want to look good when I go back to jamaica in August...to visit hubbys family I want to be able to do things and not be so tierd Thanks again Cyndi for getting us all back started since I go to the dr on Monday I will change my counter then recored my proper weight we can all do this....

welcome to all the New People look forward to getting to know you

Deb I am soooo sry that things are not working out with the man but as they say everything happens for a reason... as a one door closes another one opens... so sweetie know its not you its him that has the issues and we are all here for you
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options

<3 and happy new year!

wow that is awesome... you are motivation in its self 8 pounds to go til you reach 100 pounds lost... keep up your great work i so cant wait til I reach my goal welcome looking forward to all my challenges
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new to the site today.I'm 32 and have 2 young children and have been a sahm since the birth of my son 5 years ago. I have been engaged to my partner for about 10 years. I've always been big and have been on and off diets forever. My best weightloss was on slimming world where i lost 1 stone but then i got bored of the food and gave up. My big problem is i'm lazy and it's just too easy to get a takeaway. We also tend to eat late as the kids stille at early as they go to bed early and then we can't start cooking till they are settled and they still take an hour to settle to sleep.

This year has been a bad year for me. My other half was in a car accident just before Christmas and has been off work since. While he was at work i did a lot of walking around as i don't drive i'd go everywhere on foot, and did walk a fair bit. Since he's been off he has been taking the kids to school and with him being ill we've taken more taxis than we would have previously. I probably don't even walk a third as much as i did. So with little exercise and the take aways the weight has piled on.

I've had enough now though and decided this year is going to be a big change, I'm starting a course at Uni in January which will be a big change for me and the next big change is going to be weightloss. I can't keep going on as i have been. I'd also like to have our wedding at some point which hasn't happened yet becuase i don't want to be looking back at my wedding pictures and seeing how bad i look.

My sister has been bugging me about my weight for a while now, it was her that got me joining slimming world and it was her that found this site. I'm really going to try my hardest to stay motivated this time and hopefully i'll keep going.
  • VialOfDreams
    Options

Absolutely!!! This thread is for anyone who has goals or wants to participate in keeping others motivated. I know I fully intend to reach my goal and will need the team to help keep me focused. Welcome!!

That's fantastic, thank you! So here goes...

My name is Barby, I moved to the US from Transylvania, Romania in 2004. I enjoy singing, reading, video games, tattoos, and I respect nature. I live in CO with my fiance and our kitty, Orion. I'm also vegetarian, and love to cook, so if you need easy vegetarian recipes, message me!!!

Instead of posting about my weight loss journey, I'd like to welcome you to read the post I made when I reached my goal weight in Sept of 2010.
    http://journeytowardsagoal.wordpress.com

Since then, everyone was telling me how "too thin" I was, so I packed on a few lbs (about 10), and kept it off for the past 2 months. But, I just can't get the big 100 out of my mind, so I decided to just get rid of the weight. Besides, I feel I look best at 123 lbs anyway.

SW: 217 (January 15th, 2010)
    Initial GW: 123
    Attained under GW: 119 lbs (Sept 9th, 2010)

Now, the data for this challenge.

SW: 128 lbs
    CW: 125 lbs
    GW: 117 lbs

Other goals for 2011:

- receive personal trainer certification
    - complete the Pike's Peak Ascent and the additional 2 races required
    - stay healthy

You are all amazing for deciding to make a change in your lives, and you are all inspirations! I've been in a place where I hated myself, I hated the mirror and wanted to curl up in a corner and cry. Though some may think it's overly dramatic, I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from. Please do not hesitate to contact me.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Okay Girlies here I am.. I have had so many changes.. Sheila knows about most of them and I will tell in due time.. I'm ready to tackle this..

Hi everyone, I'm Anita... I'm 46 and happily married most of the time.. I joined MFP in 2009 and had great success.. Then I fell off the wagon... I am a stress eater and I can't seem to find a way to overcome that. I haven't even stepped on the scale and to top that off why is it that when I start this I am pmsing?? OH well.. I will weigh in tomorrow so I can see progress on Friday... Life has been challenging and I am tried of the struggles but most of all I am tired of being FAT....

Wrapping up, I am glad to be back... I'm busy but I will log daily..
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Okay Girlies here I am.. I have had so many changes.. Sheila knows about most of them and I will tell in due time.. I'm ready to tackle this..

Hi everyone, I'm Anita... I'm 46 and happily married most of the time.. I joined MFP in 2009 and had great success.. Then I fell off the wagon... I am a stress eater and I can't seem to find a way to overcome that. I haven't even stepped on the scale and to top that off why is it that when I start this I am pmsing?? OH well.. I will weigh in tomorrow so I can see progress on Friday... Life has been challenging and I am tried of the struggles but most of all I am tired of being FAT....

Wrapping up, I am glad to be back... I'm busy but I will log daily..

Nita... god I love you... LOL... you and I are always so in sync with all the pms and such. Im due for that myself so its funny to me that you brought that up. I weighed in last on Wednesday, but I didnt even want to start this thread until today just so I could skip weighing in on Friday.. ahahahaha!! Yeah, Im sure Im packin about 2-4lbs of good ole water weight thanks to that aunt that is soon to arrive. :laugh:

Anyway.. SO happy to see you here! Cant wait to hear about everything thats been going on with you and how youve been!