I'm "In!" What's your story?

Options
Love this idea of a calorie counter right on my Android cell phone! I've used it all ready and am impressed that my Anaheim Panini Breakfast sandwich at Corner Bakery was actually in the database along with the Odwalla orange juice! OMGosh! I've always done well with meaurable plans. Looking for friends to get to know to enjoy this new journey of weight loss. My hubby is not interested and neither are my young, slim, growing kids either! LOL What's your motivation to lose weight? Andrea

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck reaching your goal!!
  • mapinkerton
    Options
    I joined MFP 12/08/10. I love it! I started weighing and measuring everything BEFORE I put it in my mouth. The database is very comprehensive, but you can put your own recipes in and come up with the calories too!

I am on high doses of BP and cholesterol meds. Doc wanted to put me on diabetes meds. He said I needed to lose at least 30 lbs. and start exercising. I said give me a diet and 90 days to get my blood sugar down. He handed me a piece of paper with vague info. about a 1200 calorie a day diet. THEN said he didn't think I could do it!

He PISSED me off. I came home, signed up here, and haven't looked back. I have lost 10 lbs. as of today. I am looking for others with similar goals for support. Please feel free to friend me if you wish.

Mary
  • heatherfetzer
    Options
    I joined MFP a couple of months ago, but never accessed the site via a computer(I just used my ipod). At first I thought the application was wonderful, but I never added any friends, and I got bored, so I stopped.

Now, I am getting married in 11 months and I want to look great on my wedding day for my future husband, but most importantly, I want to look great for me. This time I've decided I need other people to hold me accountable, and my sister and I both are looking forward to shedding massive lbs. The biggest fear is I am overweight borderlining being obese. I have never looked in the mirror and thought of myself as being obese and I never want to have to do that again.