Today's NSV

Options
I'm walking in to the copy room and my co-worker friend runs up beside me pulls on the side of my slacks and says "I thought you were wearing smaller pants? Why do you have these on again? Look how big they are!" as she holds several inches out..... Me: "These are my smaller pants!" Her: "No, you must have pulled out the wrong pair." Me: "Um, no, I got rid of all the others." Her: "Well then, you better get rid of these too or at least have them taken in, they're hanging off your butt." :happy: :happy: :happy:

What a nice way to start the day!

What's your most recent NSV?

Replies

• cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo!!! Nice work!

My latest would be from this weekend and I found 2 shirts and 1 sweater that were in the garage sale pile because they were too small previously and now they fit nice. AND my belt is now on notch 5, the same belt that I could not even wear at the beginning of my journey!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! I get that sometimes too, usually my husband will tell me when my jeans/pants are getting too saggy ;-) When I first started here on MFP my coworkers practically had an intervention with me to get me to stop wearing too-big dress pants and dresses, I genuinely didn't realize how bad it looked or how big the stuff had become.

My most recent is this morning putting on this sweater that I *never* would have worn in years past. It's a ladies size L for Starters (one of my first few Ls in a closet of XLs that I am still amazed are not plus sized) and it's a very loose weave cream colored supersoft sweater. I have always stayed away from white & cream, thinking they do nothing for my figure but now I am not so worried about that. I also used to steer clear of layers at all cost since they added bulk...but today I layered the sweater over a navy casual dress and feel great.
  • DucklingtoSwan
    DucklingtoSwan Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I wish I could "Like" all of you ladies' NSV's a la Facebook lol

My pants are getting baggy and I have very few tops that aren't huge roomy 4x that I'm bothering to wear these days, and I can't quite yet get into the few nice things I saved from the last time I lost weight, so quite frankly I know I'm looking a little sorry these days but can't bring myself to buy stuff just yet. My friend took matters into her own hands and as she was setting up for her church rummage sale and spotted a few tops she knew I'd love, some new with tags... some were 3x and some were 2x... 2x have been kind of dicey for me depending on the cut... anyway they all but two fit me nicely (I'm trying not to worry about the 3x's, I was starting to flirt with 4x before I started taking care of myself.) She has excellent taste, so they are really pretty and look brand new and best of all the church was selling them for $1 :bigsmile: The two that weren't *quite* right were very, very close, perhaps another ten pounds and they will be perfect, so for only $1 you bet they are going into the drawer to hopefully come out in a few weeks.

I was in need of a few things since I will be going back to work soon but obviously did not want to invest in a whole new wardrobe that I plan to shrink out of within a couple months. Now I'll just get two or three pair of inexpensive slacks at Wal mart and be set, and totally work appropriate, for a little while at least.

And she just texted to say she found a couple more. whoo-hoo! She made me promise to throw out the baggy pants and 4x shirts... though she will allow me to keep my beloved huge Cubs t shirt to sleep and work out in, as long as I swear not to wear it in public outside the gym :wink:
  • Shuuma
    Shuuma Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My NSV is that, after a highly stressful month of familial injuries, ER visits, and health problems, I have managed to maintain my weight without gain or loss for a month. This is HUGE for me, since I have always had a real issue with portion sizes and calorie consumption. Now that the stress levels are diminishing, I'm settling in for the next round of loss and am highly optimistic I can maintain when I hit my goal. This is something I would have never, in a million years, confessed was a possibility 6 months ago! Yay!
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome NSV, mine was when I pulled up a pair of smaller shorts I used to not be able to pull over my hips and now I'm able to easily pull them, button them and their not tight around the waist. i also knocked some minutes off my MPH when walking/jogging.
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Well this will be a different one for you. I've had random people telling me I have beautiful eyes. Apparently the chunky cheeks used to hide them, no cheeks means they can be seen.

There was another compliment that really got to me, I was told I always look so well put together. It was my first non weight loss compliment. :) Not the OMG you're so skinny, or tiny or what happened to the rest of you just someone noticed something positive and commented on it.........huge NSV for me. Even better was that I just said thank you and smiled, I wasn't embarrased.
  • luvmydawgs
    luvmydawgs Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Mine was sucking it in for dear life to button my pants the other day and looking down and realizing I didn't need to anymore!
  • purplemurfy
    purplemurfy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    woohoo2_12959.gif

These are all awesome! Thanks for sharing!