Cheap Clean Healthy Snacks

Options
Lairdy08
Lairdy08 Posts: 16 Member
Hey Guys,

Looking for ideas for cheap,clean and healthy snacks to aid weightloss along the way.

Any ideas are welcome as I am getting bored of the same old celery sticks and non fat yogurts. Got to be more ideas out there that are calorie friendly and good for you!!

Thanks

:)

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    my typical snacks are fruits, veggies, eggs, nuts, anything with peanut butter, or protein bars/shakes.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I stuff tuna salad into mini bell peppers for a snack.

Hummus and veggies.

Apple and some sort of nut butter

Hard boiled egg

String cheese
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, what matters is TOTAL CALORIES. Not if a snack is healthy or "clean". You can get fat off of oatmeal and chicken as easy as you can cookies and cake.

Literally.... eat what you WANT. Just don't exceed your daily caloric intake.

But if you insist, my favorite low cal snacks are:

Protein bars
    Danon Light & Fit Greek Yogurts
    Salads
    Carrots ( eat them daily)
    Rice cakes
    Egg whites
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Looking for ideas for cheap,clean and healthy snacks to aid weightloss along the way.

cheap -> make it yourself don't buy it pre-packed
    clean -> don't drop it on the floor
    healthy -> pick veggies and protein sources

my favourites: sugar snap peas (i eat them raw like candy), hard boiled egg, trail mix, fruit
    TOP TIP: log it in the morning before you head out so you know what you're targets are IIFYM -> eat it
  • fat2skinny50
    fat2skinny50 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I like to snack on Nuts, fruits, air popped popcorn (No butter) Good luck
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I don't know if any of these qualify, but my go-to snacks for work are:

Greek yogurt (mixed with fresh berries and a sprinkle of granola if I have the time and calories)
    String cheese
    Cottage cheese
    Raw veggies with some sort of dip (homemade spinach dip, homemade tzatziki, hummus, whipped goat cheese with herbs)
    Fruit (duh)
    Almonds (love the wasabi and sesame honey ones from Trader Joe's)
    Granola bars (love Kind bars and the TJ's high fiber ones, depending on what fits my macros that day)
    Baked Lays, pretzel sticks, or quinoa chips

At home, anything goes.
  • skorenfeld123
    skorenfeld123 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If you haven't tried PB2 it's pretty darn amazing on anything! I also eat string cheese like crazy. And sliced cucumbers with cayenne/a little garlic powder--I can sit and eat them in front of the TV mindlessly without worrying about over-indulgence.
  • spaduke
    spaduke Posts: 13
    Options
    oK no one actually answered my question LOL... on the plan, im at 1200 calories, i also watch and stay below or at the recommended carbs, fats, sugars in the daily report, is that what i am suppose to do? or not worry about that and just stay at 1200 calories??? because like i said i like fruit and and oatmeal... and stuff like that and that always pushed up the carbs so even tho i have plenty of calories left over at the end of the day, i am sometimes at my max of carbs....
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    oK no one actually answered my question LOL... on the plan, im at 1200 calories, i also watch and stay below or at the recommended carbs, fats, sugars in the daily report, is that what i am suppose to do? or not worry about that and just stay at 1200 calories??? because like i said i like fruit and and oatmeal... and stuff like that and that always pushed up the carbs so even tho i have plenty of calories left over at the end of the day, i am sometimes at my max of carbs....

I'm really hoping this is an accidental post and you're not hijacking someone else's thread when people have already responded to your post.

To the OP: my go-to snacks are greek yogurt, string cheese, apples, veggies and dip, protein bars, kashi bars, almonds, and when I need some carbs and fat I go for some Sensible Portions Veggies Straws with Sea Salt. They fulfill the salty, crunchy cravings very well.
  • asciiqwerty
    asciiqwerty Posts: 565 Member
    Options

no one answered your question 'cos you didn't post it in this thread