Could really use some friends to help me stay motivated!

Options
I could really use some friends to help me stay motivated! I am just starting on my weight loss journey (again), I have been dieting and exercising again for a week now and could really use some friends here to help me stay accountable for logging my foods and exercises and I would like to do the same for you!

My HW was: 250
My SW was: 212
My CW is: 201
My GW is: 125

I am currently exercising by walking my two dogs, using the Wii workout games : Biggest Loser Challenge, EA Active 2, Wii Fit Plus, and Just Dance 2. I am currently counting my calories also. Going to add more in little by little. I don't want friends that will just be on my friends list and never motivate or wont get on to me when I slip, I want buddies to hold me accountable and buddies who want the same! :)

Replies

• Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Yay ^^

HW: 191(12.26 - started MFP)
    CW: 190
    GW: 135

I have a PS3 and really want to get EA active 2, I heard it's amazing! (And Zumba?)
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    Sent a friend request your way! While I am here for you, and I'm sure a lot of people in this community are too, you will be your most important motivator. I always say, look at your "before" pictures, then look at yourself now. Your progress is going to be a very powerful motivator.

In addition, to ensure you stay on the wagon, and that you keep your weight loss, you need to stop dieting, and change your lifestyle instead. You should keep on eating healthy foods and exercising after reaching your goal. After a lifetime of dieting, I had to go through a complete overhaul of my lifestyle in order to be able to drop the weight and maintain it.
  • smalltownhero
    smalltownhero Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friends request... I read your profile.. I have 2 boxers too... Bruno and Brody!
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I understand the "hands-on" request b/c that is what I need to! So I am more the willing to be an accountability buddy to ya! Just let me know!!! I love to work out and have a lot of weight to lose. My biggest issue is consistency and having accountability is a great stratedy against that! We can do it!

Shelle
  • paragoalie
    Options
    Stay focused!! Think how good you will feel, both mentally and Physically! Hang in there, and don't give in to that urge to stop early!

I just started this diet and would be happy to help!
  • tamalea
    tamalea Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    consider yourself friended:flowerforyou:
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me.
  • ChristineMom
    ChristineMom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site.....my son actually told me about it! I see that it is great for keeping track of the foods you eat....I plan to join weight watchers for more motivation....I also plan to use my gym membership more often :-).....and I also have the wii games like biggest loser and jillian michael's fitness ultimatum: I just need to open them!! good luck everyone!
    I need LOTS of motivation to stay on track!!!!
  • PearlMarie_3gen_11484
    Options
    request sent :bigsmile:
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You have more support than you think. i went to the gym today and my legs feel like rubber. You can do it!
  • DawniesLife
    Options
    Sent a friend request your way! While I am here for you, and I'm sure a lot of people in this community are too, you will be your most important motivator. I always say, look at your "before" pictures, then look at yourself now. Your progress is going to be a very powerful motivator.

In addition, to ensure you stay on the wagon, and that you keep your weight loss, you need to stop dieting, and change your lifestyle instead. You should keep on eating healthy foods and exercising after reaching your goal. After a lifetime of dieting, I had to go through a complete overhaul of my lifestyle in order to be able to drop the weight and maintain it.

Thanks for the advice. For me currently, counting my calories and becoming aware of what I am actually consuming and how much it adds up to be alone is a huge step. It's funny you mention "before" pictures, I took some new "before" pictures today. It is also quite motivating to look at my pictures from when I was younger. I was an athlete, I played soccer, I never had any weight problems, I was very active, I didn't eat the way I should have always, but I was thinner than what my goal weight is. I gained all my weight in college during a depression after getting onto an antidepressant, seriously, I gained 100 pounds in one year, and then on and off medications my weight bounced higher and lower. So yes, it is a lifestyle change in general - just like quitting smoking was for me, I quit a little over 5 months ago now and feel great, like I can accomplish anything I really try to. I just really like the idea of online support buddies, I know they helped me a great deal when I quit smoking as well.
  • DawniesLife
    Options
    Thanks for the outpouring of support and friend requests everyone! :)