Update on new calorie adjustment (1200 raised to 1640)

Options
I told some people I'd update on how this has progressed. It's only been a few days and so far here's what I've noticed:

1. It's totally a mind game right now - it's very hard to not feel 'guilty' for eating 440 more calories a day)
2. It's also a challenge - I've found a few days by the end of the day I haven't consumed my goal intake.
3. It's nice. I like being able to add in a snack here and there when I feel hungry instead of the pep talk of "dinner isn't far off"
4. I weighed myself this morning and my weight has not gone up or down
5. I find myself thinking I suddenly need to add in more exercise to compensate for what I eat. (I do need more exercise, but this is probably not the correct reasoning lol).

That is all. Carry on, people, I'll update again in a few days if anyone shows interest.

Replies

• cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    when I get closer to goal I am going to slowly raise my cal intake until I am at maitenance so thanks for sharing!!!
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'll increase my intake more eventually I guess, but this jump was because I initially set my intake too low based on my size/goals, etc. I was under-eating (I believe) so I'm trying to balance that more before I get to my goal weight so that my intake is as seamless as possible. I've found that when you get to a calorie amount and stay there a while you get really good at staying in that range without a whole lot of effort. I think even logging every other week is sufficient, but I may change my mind when I get to my goal. :)
  • tudazies
    tudazies Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear that you have not gained hopefully it will start to change in the loss area. I will be upping mine in bout two weeks after off overnights. Hoping all the best for you. Good luck!
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm trying to be patient with the loss, it's only been a few days since the change. I'm guessing it'll be another week or so before my body adjusts, but who knows. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing for a while and see what happens I guess. :)