Tired of the routine

Options
I want to start by saying that counting calories, weighing food, and exercising works for me. I have lost around 20 pounds, give or take a few depending on fluctuations. I began this journey around 100 days ago. However, I am getting tired of weighing everything. Lately, I want to grab a snack like I used to.

Do you have any suggestions about how to get over this "routine fatigue"? I like the foods I am eating and I don't mind the exercise, but all the weighing!

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Also, I have thought of weighing portions out the night before or weekly. Possibly just changing up the routine? I don't want to slip because of this silly "tired of it" feeling.

Replies

• Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I weigh all my foods out and write them down in a little book and log it in front of the tv at night.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Try prelogging and preweighing what you can at the start of the week and having those preweighed packages ready to go just as a grab and go snack.

I have at some points almost felt the same...like aw man why can't I just grab this...then I remember why I can't...

I haven't done the preweighing/packaging yet but I am strongly thinking about it as I get to almost maintenance and summer as it is one of those seasons where that would probably be easier.
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I found that when I bring home some snacks from the store (trail mix, crackers, nuts, dried fruit) I will weigh it out and bag it in the snack bags in the cabinet. That way its grab and go no thinking and I know its the right portion.
    It might help you to have the convenience and help break the feeling you have with the daily weighing of everything.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I agree with pre-weighing/bagging snacks. Maybe set aside one day out of the week and make up a bunch of snacks, and then mark on them how much they weigh/how many calories. Then you can just grab and go.
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    You can try weighing out food ahead of time in large quantities. When I buy snacks like nuts I weigh them out into 1oz portions all at once and store them in little baggies. I use the same baggies over and over again for nuts to save money and not fill landfills with plastic bags. It may take a little extra time but that way you can just grab a snack and go vs having to weigh it at that moment.

Or you can take a weighing break for a day or week or whatever it takes to refresh your drive. Sometimes we need weight loss breaks or measuring breaks or exercise breaks.
  • Ysmir
    Ysmir Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I found that when I bring home some snacks from the store (trail mix, crackers, nuts, dried fruit) I will weigh it out and bag it in the snack bags in the cabinet. That way its grab and go no thinking and I know its the right portion.
    It might help you to have the convenience and help break the feeling you have with the daily weighing of everything.
    THIS. Prepare it ahead, then you can still enjoy the "grab and go" feeling.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I want to start by saying that counting calories, weighing food, and exercising works for me. I have lost around 20 pounds, give or take a few depending on fluctuations. I began this journey around 100 days ago. However, I am getting tired of weighing everything. Lately, I want to grab a snack like I used to.

Do you have any suggestions about how to get over this "routine fatigue"? I like the foods I am eating and I don't mind the exercise, but all the weighing!

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Also, I have thought of weighing portions out the night before or weekly. Possibly just changing up the routine? I don't want to slip because of this silly "tired of it" feeling.

You have been on it for 100 days. You should have a pretty good grasp of what your caloric intake/day feels like. I am about 600 weeks in and I rely less and less on the weighing of food, stressing over all the little things becuase after awhile you should know and have learned what 'right" feels like.

I agree though, it can be stressful to weigh everything every single day, and worry about every little thing.

Check out the 5:2 plan. It may work....
    and I agree.....pre plan it much more. I would do that on sunday nights after buying groceries for the week. Put the food into separate bags/containers already weighed and sorted out. Makes it easy, you only have to worry about it that evening..and one thing I also realized...it helps you see all the $$$ you spent at the market really goes a long way!

I would be like, wth did I all buy and why it cost so much, but when I got home, separated and weighed it all, i realized I had XXX amount of meals and then when I divided what I spent I realized how affordable it really was!