ACE and diet

Options
Tomorrow I start the ACE supplement and diet and exercise. Im so excited. I would love to be 120lbs by my birthday (8/22) or the end of September at the very latest. :)

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I start the ACE supplement and diet and exercise. Im so excited. I would love to be 120lbs by my birthday (8/22) or the end of September at the very latest. :)

Calorie deficit=weight loss
    Exercise=fitness

This can be done without pills.
  • beachylove
    beachylove Posts: 137 Member
    Options

Calorie deficit=weight loss
    Exercise=fitness

This can be done without pills.

This ^
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Using a diet pill doesn't teach restraint, discipline or how to eat correctly. Like all pills they are just quick fixes to an ongoing problem, like taking an NSAID for low back pain. Identifying the issue and correcting is a better approach.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jstinson10
    Options
    Yes because I am not an idiot, I do understand it can be done without pills. But being my own person I'm choosing to do so with them. If this site is all about people who are gonna cut me down for taking them... I can do without the forum. :/
    I also didnt day I wasnt going to diet and exercise. I said I was going to along with them. Sheesh.
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    We werent cutting you down or bashing you, but rather emphasizing this this can be done without pills or supplements.... and you will have a better shot at maintaining and making this a lifestyle choice rather than a diet if you go without the pills and learn how to lose and maintain weight..... trust me, when I first started I tried green coffee bean pills and raspberry ketones..I have actually lost more weight and maintained the loss without any pills or supplements... its easier to learn how to eat correctly in the beginning than to waste money on pills that are only masking the reasons.... its like getting gastric bypass surgery, not to put down anybody eho has gone that route, but anybody can lose weight by cutting the quantity of food theyre eating but in order to maintain the loss you need to figure out the reasons as to why you gained the weight and learn to eat healthy or else you'll just gain it back
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Yes because I am not an idiot, I do understand it can be done without pills. But being my own person I'm choosing to do so with them. If this site is all about people who are gonna cut me down for taking them... I can do without the forum. :/
    I also didnt day I wasnt going to diet and exercise. I said I was going to along with them. Sheesh.
    You were given constructive information. You taking it personally indicates that you really don't understand. "Choosing" to do so only shows that you're looking for some "magic" way other than just the correct approach or eating less and moving more.
    If you're willing to actually learn, then you'll get more information.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jstinson10
    Options
    I do understand. I've done Weight Watchers many times alone and lost weight. Just saying that this time I'm trying something different. And by no means is ACE magic. It's pretty much a vitamin bc the energy part doesn't actually effect me. Anyway... I'm excited.
  • chloematilds
    chloematilds Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I dont think you understand.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I dont think you understand.

QFT ^^
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options

You want to lose 45 pounds in 20 weeks???

Good luck keeping it off, if you can manage that!
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    If WW worked so well for you, then why do you need to try something else? What are you hoping to achieve with ACE? What are its benefits to your long term health and fitness? It sounds like you're looking for a quick fix, which none of us here are fond of. Weight loss and healthy living is a lifelong commitment. You just need to eat less calories, hit your macros, exercise if you want to be at your best fitness, and be patient. It's not a hard concept, but it in itself can be challenging. Giving it time is the hardest part, but your wallet and body will thank you.

(P.S: I'm not trying to be harsh, just honest.)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Diet pills are never the answer.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    No one was putting you down or bashing you.
    They were just stating facts.
    No one is here to pat you on the back and say pills are the answer.
    If you don't want to hear constructive criticism, then don't post in a forum.

It's about making lifestyle changes.
    Things that are sustainable, that you can keep going and using and not just a "I'll do this until I lose the weight" because after you lose the weight you still have to have a plan.
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I used ACE last spring to help me over my plateau. I'm stuck again and so I started ACE yesterday. I will take it for about a month and then decide if I want to do another month. I do, however, stop at 2 months because I want to be sure I'm eating right and exercising and that my weight loss isn't just because of the pill. I love the extra energy; especially since there is so much yard work to be done right now.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I do understand. I've done Weight Watchers many times alone and lost weight. Just saying that this time I'm trying something different. And by no means is ACE magic. It's pretty much a vitamin bc the energy part doesn't actually effect me. Anyway... I'm excited.
    IF you really understood, then weight wouldn't be an issue.

IDEA Fitness member