What size hand weights with 30 day shred?

I received my DVD of the 30 day shred in the mail yesterday. Does anybody know what SIZE hand weights I should get to use with it?

3? 5? 2?

Replies

• tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    I received my DVD of the 30 day shred in the mail yesterday. Does anybody know what SIZE hand weights I should get to use with it?

3? 5? 2?
  • catiepink
    catiepink Posts: 22 Member

3? 5? 2?
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    I haven't done this program, but most other programs suggest starting where you can handle it (typically lighter 2-3) and gradually building up over time. The last few reps should be tough, so if you are using really light weights and feel little challenge by the end, it's time to bump it up.
  • catiepink

3? 5? 2?
    [/quote
    I just started Monday and I use 3 lb right now. Have you done it yet? You will definetly be sore the next day. It kicks your butt and I am doing level 1! Good workout for a short time. I will increase to 5 lb maybe after 1 month.
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    I don't have the shred, nor have i ever done it, but as a general rule of thumb, I recommend whatever weight feels like you are getting burn after your work out, but so that you still have function of your limbs without being too sore. Maybe start at 3 and if you need to, up to 5, you could work yourself higher depending on how much muscle you grow and how well you adapt to the weights.
  • tanzmamma

3? 5? 2?
    [/quote
    I just started Monday and I use 3 lb right now. Have you done it yet? You will definetly be sore the next day. It kicks your butt and I am doing level 1! Good workout for a short time. I will increase to 5 lb maybe after 1 month.

No I have not done it yet. I am going to do it tonight WITHOUT the weights (cuz I dont have any and dont have time to get to the store to GET any tonight). Gotta love FOOTBALL season with a teen boy my life revolves around practice and games lol.

BUT I am going to do it tonight w/o weights just to check it out... and then hopefully find time to slip tto the store tomorrow for the weights.
  • catiepink

3? 5? 2?
    [/quote
    You can use filled water bottles as weights if you don't have time to get them. I used the water bottles yesterday, because I couldn't find where my kids put weights! used the 3 lb this morning. my arms and tops of my legs are hurting today. I guess it is working. I like the fact that you can get it all done in 30 minutes. I will try and do it every morning. :smile:

No I have not done it yet. I am going to do it tonight WITHOUT the weights (cuz I dont have any and dont have time to get to the store to GET any tonight). Gotta love FOOTBALL season with a teen boy my life revolves around practice and games lol.

BUT I am going to do it tonight w/o weights just to check it out... and then hopefully find time to slip tto the store tomorrow for the weights.
  • catiepink
    by the way, you look great tanzmamma!! :flowerforyou:
  • tanzmamma
    by the way, you look great tanzmamma!! :flowerforyou:

• tanzmamma
    Update - WOW......... I did the 30 day shred last night the FIRST level and danngggg I'm sore today and I am USED to working out 6 - 7 days a week lol.

I ended up going with 3 lb weights (didnt have them yesterday though so I can't imagine how much PAIN I'll be in tomorrow after using he weights tonight lol).

All in all.. so far I was happy with the DVD.. I guess I'll do level 1 for a week then attempt level 2.
  • catiepink
    Wait until after the second time you do it. The tops of my legs are screaming!!! I am very happy with the workout. I like the fact that it is only 30 minutes of my time. I try and do that in the morning and briskly walk for 30 minutes at night. My abs really feel it too. Hopefully it will work. Jillian gets a little anoying to listen to, but oh well!
  • monica5237
    monica5237 Posts: 450

3? 5? 2?
    [/quote
    You can use filled water bottles as weights if you don't have time to get them. I used the water bottles yesterday, because I couldn't find where my kids put weights! used the 3 lb this morning. my arms and tops of my legs are hurting today. I guess it is working. I like the fact that you can get it all done in 30 minutes. I will try and do it every morning. :smile:

If you want to use weights tonight you can just go in the kitchen and get a can of food and use that for weight
  • Sounds like a good workout lol makes me want to try it i am currently using billy blanks elite boot camp with the one pound weight bands and that kicks my butt so im up for this challenge