Stretch marks- will they EVER go away?!

Options
I have stretch marks all on my stomach from having 2 kids back to back in 2008 & 2009, and from being overweight I guess but they mostly all came from being pregnant for practically 2 years. I have recently lost 20 lbs and now they are even more noticeable with the loose skin on my belly. What can I do to make them fade? I'm working on tightening my abs but I'm not sure that will even help because my skin is still saggy. Any advice for me? Thanks :)
No rude comments please! We are all working toward the same goal here- getting healthy!!!
8624515.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are scars so they will never go away. You can camoflauge them with creams and sometimes tanning.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    They won't ever go away. At least yours are on your stomach...I have them down my arms as well.
  • pimpin_po
    pimpin_po Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Not without laser surgery, no. Stretch marks are permanent scars. You can lighten them with cream, you can tighten your abs, but you will always have stretch marks. I have stretch marks up to my tapas from my DS, and loose skin from losing 75 pounds, it's just part of me. Sure we may never rock a bikini but look at the beautiful children you've been blessed with ...
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    i got them on my bicep when i was a teenager

they have lightened up quite a bit and are much less noticable.

the doctor said that the dark color was actually blood trapped between layers of skin, if thats true then they should naturally lighten and perhaps massage would help it along a tiny bit.
  • MrJhonC
    MrJhonC Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    ^

itll never go away but they should lighten up. and itll be easier to cover up.

im a guy and i got a load full of stretch marks from 100pound fat gained. i looks like spiderman had fun shooting me on my stomach
  • amazingdani
    amazingdani Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My stretch marks had faded quite a bit over the years and were barely noticeable until I dropped 80 lbs. Now I can see them again. I am more concerned with the loose skin. I have decided to be open to the idea of plastic surgery depending on how bad the skin gets. When all is said and I done I hope to lose 185 lbs, so I anticipate that it won't be pretty. I don't want to work this hard just to end up still being uncomfortable in my skin. Pardon the pun!
  • amandarenay1985
    Options
    Not without laser surgery, no. Stretch marks are permanent scars. You can lighten them with cream, you can tighten your abs, but you will always have stretch marks. I have stretch marks up to my tapas from my DS, and loose skin from losing 75 pounds, it's just part of me. Sure we may never rock a bikini but look at the beautiful children you've been blessed with ...

I am definitely blessed with my 2 beautiful kiddos! Wouldn't take that back for a second! But I WILL rock that bikini!! Stretch marks or not! LOL
  • sudmom
    sudmom Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You Go Amanda! My dad used to tell me they are badges for honor for bearing 3 beautiful boys! Wear them proud- :)
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    They are technically scars. Just like for almost any scars some massage and specific creams as well as long time might help slightly reduce them. And tanning might cover them so they are not that visible. These things can help you to hide them a little bit or even completely depending how bad it is. But no, they will not go away completely unless you do plastic surgery or laser treatment.
  • amandarenay1985
    Options
    My stretch marks had faded quite a bit over the years and were barely noticeable until I dropped 80 lbs. Now I can see them again. I am more concerned with the loose skin. I have decided to be open to the idea of plastic surgery depending on how bad the skin gets. When all is said and I done I hope to lose 185 lbs, so I anticipate that it won't be pretty. I don't want to work this hard just to end up still being uncomfortable in my skin. Pardon the pun!
    I totally agree, I'm open to surgery if I can get to my all-time goal (135 and ripped)! Didn't want to have to go that far, but I worked my *kitten* off for that body, I want to look good naked!! Way to go on your 80 lb loss!!!!
    8624515.png
  • auburngirl06
    auburngirl06 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have them ALL over my stomach/hips and even have saggy skin below the belly button covered with them. They have all faded so they are white/clear but they are there and I think I've accepted they will never go away. They look worse now that I'm almost to my goal weight. It gets me down sometimes, but there is nothing I can do about it so why dwell on it. I've worked hard and I can still rock my tankini :)
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
    I totally agree, I'm open to surgery if I can get to my all-time goal (135 and ripped)! Didn't want to have to go that far, but I worked my *kitten* off for that body, I want to look good naked!! Way to go on your 80 lb loss!!!!
    8624515.png

After my house sells, a TT is in store for me!! At least will help to eliminate some of the stretch marks! I'm 136 lb right now, and working on toning as much as I can (radiating pain from prior back surgery.)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    No
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am definitely blessed with my 2 beautiful kiddos! Wouldn't take that back for a second! But I WILL rock that bikini!! Stretch marks or not! LOL

Damn right! LOL When I reach my goal weight I'm wearing a bikini even if I've got a 10 lbs sack of stretch-marked skin hanging off me or not! lol
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    ^

itll never go away but they should lighten up. and itll be easier to cover up.

im a guy and i got a load full of stretch marks from 100pound fat gained. i looks like spiderman had fun shooting me on my stomach

Tiger stripes!
  • Colli78
    Colli78 Posts: 135
    Options
    f0d3fa12209419cfa91b26283a569b95.jpg
  • fitnessf0x
    fitnessf0x Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    you just have to learn to love them, everyone has them
  • pimpin_po
    pimpin_po Posts: 120 Member
    Options

I rock one in my backyard, out to the beach... well that's probably not gonna happen lol
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    No sorry to say, I have them too after being pregnant for almost 2 years myself lol they are scars and scars only fade with time , and I have lost 33 lbs so far in a year and however many months , rock them the only ones who will care if you have them well are others, one can not hope for the body to be unscathed after having children especially close together , its okay you I and lots of others can wear ours proudly for we have given birth and that is beautiful . And I also have the separated stomach muscles super creepy rather so no matter how many exercises I do my tummy wont ever be the same , but that's ok I have a tankini
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Tiger stripes!

Sorry, Roger! You a tiger now! (someone had to!)

hqdefault.jpg

yeah. stretch marks stink but you learn to live with them. :)