Exercise calorie counter question

Options
How is walking 2.0 mph and pushing a stroller with a child burn the same amount of calories? If you are walking and pushing a stroller it should be more unless you don't burn any extra calories by pushing the stroller! Im at a loss, do I put both walking 2.0 & pushing stroller when I log??

Replies

• kittyscousin2
    Options
    I think it is all about your heart rate. Is your heart rate higher when you push the stroller than when you are only walking? If it is, then you are burning more calories. But, I'm not quite sure how to log it exactly. I use a heart rate monitor that keeps track of calories burned and log it that way...
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't log both. I would just log pushing a stroller. The calorie counter here is not exact, and it tends to overestimate as it is. So your safest estimate is just to put pushing a stroller.
  • MrsSeaShell
    Options
    I wouldn't log both. I would just log pushing a stroller. The calorie counter here is not exact, and it tends to overestimate as it is. So your safest estimate is just to put pushing a stroller.

So your saying pushing a stroller does not exert any extra energy?? For example if I put 15 min pushing a stroller, it is 62 calories, if I put 15 mins walking 2.0 it also says 62 calories, if I am pushing a stroller at 2.0 there should be some difference,

* I do not own a heart monitor * Also the calories burned on MFP are always lower then the numbers on the machines at the gym, I use the low numbers**