need motivation :(

Options
zainab411
zainab411 Posts: 51 Member
Hey guys, im getting extremely discouraged here :(
I used to weigh a lottt, i lost 24 pounds however; the only problem is, i cant see it on myself, i literally see the same person. Nothing changed. I havent been doing this for long, about 40 days in now. A lot of people tell me i look thinner, but i feel like theyre just being nice....so, is 40 days too soon to notice anything; when did you start to actually notice?
I used to weigh 207
Currently weigh 182
Im 5'6 and 19 y/o

Thank youu!:)

Replies

• Chickee8586
    Chickee8586 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You lost 24 pounds. Did your clothes size go down?

But here's a question for you that a friend asked me when I said I still saw the same person in the mirror...

Who's eyes are you looking at yourself through? I kept seeing myself the way my ex husband would see me (aka critical). Once I let go of seeing myself through his eyes, I started seeing myself. It takes a while and you have to work at seeing you for you.

Good luck and 24 pounds is great!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    The scale doesn't lie.. you are 24 pounds lighter in a40 days and that is an amazing accomplishment. Read through the "success" forum. No one there looked perfect in a mere 40 days. Buck up..get tough..and don't look for excuses to quit…you are doing great! Pat yourself on the back and don't put yourself down because a small part of you deep inside wants you to quit.
  • Kaylyn221
    Kaylyn221 Posts: 123
    Options
    What exactly are you looking for in this 40 days time? Six pack abs, legs of steel? Like previously mentioned, the scale doesn’t lie. You have lost, keyword *lost* 24lbs and that is a pretty big accomplishment. Heck I have only lost 8lbs so far but I feel so much better and stronger and just overall a lot healthier then when I first started and that counts for a lot. It takes time, be patient and know that your body is doing amazing things right now, whether you see it or not {yet}.
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    24 pounds is a great loss! It takes our minds a while to "see" the difference. Taking measurements throughout is a great way to measure success. Here is a wonderful list of comparable weight items.

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
    1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
    2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
    3 pounds = an average human brain
    4 pounds = an ostrich egg
    5 pounds = a Chihuahua
    6 pounds = a human skin
    7.5 pounds = an average newborn
    8 pounds = a human head
    10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
    11 pounds = an average housecat
    12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
    15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
    16 pounds = a sperm whale's brain
    20 pounds = an automobile tire
    23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
    24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super-premium ice cream
    25 pounds = an average 2 year old
    30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
    33 pounds = a cinder block
    36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
    40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
    44 pounds = an elephants heart
    50 pounds = a small bale of hay
    55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
    60 pounds = an elephants penis
    66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
    70 pounds = an Irish Setter
    77 pounds = a gold brick
    80 pounds = the Worlds Largest Ball of Tape
    90 pounds = a newborn calf
    100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
    111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
    117 pounds = an average fashion model (and shes 5'11")
    118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
    120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
    130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
    138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
    140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
    144 pounds = an average adult woman (and shes 5'4½")
    150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
    187 pounds = an average adult man
    200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
    235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
    300 pounds = an average football lineman
    400 pounds = a Welsh pony
  • lavendy17
    lavendy17 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Be happy about your achievement! Lift something that heavy and realize what you no longer have to carry on you.

Now about seeing it- my DH didn't see a change in the first 60lbs (we all did, though). But then after an additional 20 it was like a whole other person. I have never seen him feel so good about himself.

One thing we found was that when he added running and weight lifting his appearance changed the most.
    Another thing is if you wear your old larger clothes you will look larger. You need to buy clothes that fit and you will see the changes.
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    To be honest, I am nearly 30 pounds down. One person at my work has commented, ONE. I am happy about that, but I don't really notice a difference when I look in the mirror. My clothes are slightly looser, I thought it would be more.

Well that is all the bad news, but here comes the good. I feel better in general, not as tired, more of a positive outlook, not so bloated all the time, and can do more activity with my kids without it being a burden. I am over 6 months into this and I had hoped to be further but I have made a hard effort to focus on what I have done and not where I want to go. I have freaking lost 30 POUNDS! When I really think about that it blows me away and I can't believe I have actually achieved that. So my tip to you is keep focusing on what you have done... YOU HAVE LOST 24 FREAKING POUNDS! Go find an object that weighs that much and pick it up, carry it around for a bit. It's crazy.

Keep on truckin' girl.. you have done awesome!

PS... sorry if you are not female. I just kind of wrote this without knowing.....
  • new_me_14
    new_me_14 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You have lost 24 pounds in 40 days! That's absolutely amazing. So keep doing what your doing, because your doing great! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!