Why am i hungry?

Options
I don't understand why i feel RAVENOUS right now. I had a pretty big lunch (just over 100 g of chicken breast, which was more than i would usually have!) olive oil mayo for healthy fat, apples, a small flatbread, carrots and lots of water today. And i only ate an hour and a half ago :( And right now i truly feel like i am starving. I'm at my desk, sipping on ice water, which usually is a really good way for me to curb hunger. It's not even a specific craving, just a general gnawing feeling of i need to eat.

I normally don't snack between meals during the day, i save my snack allowances for after supper because that's when i really want it. It's actually very unusual for me to be hungry this early in the day. Can't even say it's because i've worked out, all i've done so far today is sit on my butt.

It's gotta be all in my head....

Replies

• Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Did you skip a caffeinated beverage that you normally consume earlier in the day? Does it to me every time.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    did you do extra exercise yesterday?

I have my hungry days esp after an intense session....

but if you are still hungry eat something...my preference is always yoplait greek yogurt 50 calories for 100g and 8 grams of protien I find that helps me a lot.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why i feel RAVENOUS right now. I had a pretty big lunch (just over 100 g of chicken breast, which was more than i would usually have!) olive oil mayo for healthy fat, apples, a small flatbread, carrots and lots of water today. And i only ate an hour and a half ago :( And right now i truly feel like i am starving. I'm at my desk, sipping on ice water, which usually is a really good way for me to curb hunger. It's not even a specific craving, just a general gnawing feeling of i need to eat.

I normally don't snack between meals during the day, i save my snack allowances for after supper because that's when i really want it. It's actually very unusual for me to be hungry this early in the day. Can't even say it's because i've worked out, all i've done so far today is sit on my butt.

It's gotta be all in my head....
    Drink more of the water instead of sipping, and get some sugar free gum. Helps for me.

Also a big, big glass of wather about 20 min before a meal also helps me get thorugh it.
  • EllieB_5
    EllieB_5 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Sodium? Sometimes I have a general craving if I need sodium. Or if I simply have not drank enough water.
  • sprungerj1
    sprungerj1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. After the noon hour I feel very hungry. Chewing gum and drinking tons of water helps (a little). :)
  • looseseal
    looseseal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Try drinking a cup of coffee, esp if you take a little milk and sugar in it. Sometimes that does the trick but to be honest, you just might be having a hungry day. It happens to everyone. I always say "I have the hollows today" (Hunger Games line). Sometimes your body just needs more fuel. Eat some protein (I'm a huge fan of cheese sticks @ 80/stick) and some carbs (mulitgrain crackers, pretzels, etc). Maybe have the snack and drink a cup of coffee. fwiw, apples almost always make me hungry. Weird. I won't even eat one unless I put peanut butter on it.
  • trying_to_burn
    Options
    If it's just a one off, go for it have an extra snack.
    Sometime you just get that little bit hungry
    Usually I am stuffed by now, but today I'm feeling empty on the inside. Could be my new tablets or the fact I'm feeling a little stress.
    I
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Another possibility, at least for me: I'm much hungrier when I'm short on sleep the night before.