Mini success: I bought a dress!

Options
Though my weightloss is minuscule compared to some of the truly awesome achievements I see on this site, I am proud of myself! I bloat like crazy when I gain weight, and MFP has gotten me looking like I've lost 20lbs, not 9lbs. I was so pleased with myself that I went dress shopping on a whim after work....and guess what?

I bought TWO dresses, and my size had changed! One was in a size 4, and one in a size 6 (ladies, you know how it is). I was so blown away and happy, I had to share with someone who could relate to truly feeling as though you're on the right track.

THANK YOU all of you for making up such a wonderful community. 8lbs to go!

Replies

• attackonceleste
    attackonceleste Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't deem your weight loss as minuscule. When you started you were already at a healthy/low weight compared to a lot of people one here. A lot of the people on here who have lost so much weight weighed a lot to begin with. When they get down to the weight that you started at they will loose weight close to the same rate as you are. You have been working just as hard as everyone else. I'm glad you treated yourself to a few dresses :)
  • LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Congrats !!! I am so happy for you!!
    love your choice of reward too btw :wink:
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Congrats !!! I am so happy for you!!
    love your choice of reward too btw :wink:

Yes, good reward!!!! Keep up the good work and cheers on a new wardrobe soon!
  • lilmisfit1987
    lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Don't deem your weight loss as minuscule. When you started you were already at a healthy/low weight compared to a lot of people one here. A lot of the people on here who have lost so much weight weighed a lot to begin with. When they get down to the weight that you started at they will loose weight close to the same rate as you are. You have been working just as hard as everyone else. I'm glad you treated yourself to a few dresses :)

This...exactly this! Great job!
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Do we get to see pictures? LOL

Great job of marching onward and downward!!
  • kelseytmurray1
    kelseytmurray1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job! I can't wait for that feeling.. to try on clothes and be a size smaller.. to me that's a larger victory than the scale can ever measure.

Wahoo! Kudos to you!
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I think clothing and makeup are great rewards for me, they make me feel more confident to show off my progress.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!