Family Fatters

Options
Hello! Along with so many others reading this, I've decided 2011 is my year for fitness & being healthy. My goal is to look & feel fabulous in my bikini by summer time. I'm cutting out all bad foods, extra sugars, sodium, fats, & even carbs (multigrain or whole grain are the only ones allowed!) And I'm exercising 5 times a week. I live with my parents while I am going to school & work a part time job.

So why is it, that today of all days, the first day of the new year... my mother makes a giant batch of warm chocolate brownies?
Torture perhaps? Does anyone have any tips of how to not give in to temptation while you live at home and aren't always the one to prepare meals?

xox cj

Replies

• Stephanie191991
    Options
    I know what you mean we live with my grandparents right now and my grandma loves to cook
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    oh no... brownies are my weakness... ok well anything chocolate. I have instituted a chocolate day once a week so I dont go bonkers and over indulge... and I make sure I exercise enough to cover the calories. But wow... brownies in the house. One of the things I did for a while... I cut the brownies into single servings and bagged them in snack bags and put them in the freezer. Then I had time to really think about it, before I ate them. Can you tell your mom you love her cooking, but right now you need to cut back on those more tempting items she makes? I wish you luck!!!
  • Procrastinator
    Options
    If you can control yourself then have a small piece to please them and plus it can be a little treat. But if you can't then you must look away and think of something else. If you feel tempted, try keeping a rubber band around your wrist and when you feel tempted then snap it (not hard!). Also, always drink plenty of water because it usually stops the hunger from rising.
    Oh and maybe offering to cook once in a while can help! :)
    Good luck!
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    That's easy, buy your own food. That way you are responsible for what you eat.
  • howardrw
    howardrw Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Look at it as a challenge that you will have to endure during your weight loss period.

My family (wife and twin kids) are always cooking cookies, cakes or have potato chips and a lot of other things around the house.

Ice cream is there everyday ( my wife and son favorite), but through all of that, I maintained the course and didn't fall into temptation.

Now if I can do it, anybody can, just stay focus on you mission of trying to lose weight and you will overcome all of the temptations that is presented to you.

Trust me when I say this, if you can resist the temptation at home, you will surely be able to resist the temptation that you will get outside of the home.

Keep the "FAITH", hope this helps....