Any ladies better after 40?

Options
When I turned 30, I was determined to be "fine". I worked hard and got down to 135. I rocked my outfit the night of my birthday and looked and felt great. Now I'm coming up on 40 and want to be able to say/do/feel the same thing.

Any ladies feel/look better after 40? Care to share pics?

Replies

• chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I don't have a before pic posted, but you can see my pics on my profile page. Best fit I've been in years!

I thought I was doomed to be fat after forty, but it's just not true. Counting cals and working out worked even for my 61yr old DH. He's in the best shape of his life now.
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I don`t really do pictures but I had no athletic background in school or through my 20s / 30s - I was over 40 when I took stock and decided something needed to be done - I started lifting weights and running. I was lucky enough to be introduced to kettle bells by a serious trainer and fell in love with them as a workout tool. I started running races 4 miles then 10K then half marathons and ran a full marathon in just a little over 4 hours. Although I enjoyed that challenge and felt I did very well I decided that marathon running was not for me long term - I have been a little goalless for a while until 2 months ago I was approached by a coach of a kettle bell lifting team who asked to compete for the team - I entered my first competition with just 3 weeks training on competition lifting, won my division completing 136 snatches with a 35lb kettle bell in 10 mins - and got a level 1 ranking - I`ll be competing in the US nationals in Aug. I think I can safely say post 40 I have been in the best shape of my life !
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    wow! that's awesome ;)
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    age293545_zps79615cde.jpg

Not sure if this worked...been a while since I put up pics.

Here is me at age 29/35/45

I think I'm alot better now than then. I lift weights and do crossfit. I think my face looks better now too. LOL!
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I will turn 40 tomorrow and I can honestly say I am in the best shape of my life. :drinker:
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    age293545_zps79615cde.jpg

Not sure if this worked...been a while since I put up pics.

Here is me at age 29/35/45

I think I'm alot better now than then. I lift weights and do crossfit. I think my face looks better now too. LOL!

Benjamin Buttons syndrome!!! Wow! I would have put them in reverse order if I had to have guessed.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    All pictures in my profile are in my 40's, Except the ones i'm heavier.

My 40s have been the best years so far. :heart:
  • jajsmom
    jajsmom Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm doing the best with exercising/eating in my 40's. I was always on the small side until after having kids(but managed to get back down after each) and just trying to stay about where I am now. Heck, I had a woman the other day who thought I was in my 20's.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    It's what you put into it. I was always active and ate healthy, but in my 30's I didn't exercise and eat like I do now. Now, in my very late 40's, I'm definitely in the best shape of my life!
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    At 42, I'm at the weight (right now) that I was in high school and I'm determined to go down even further.

Yeah, I'd say that I'm definitely feeling better right now at 42 than I ever did at 22, or 32.

ETA: I don't have pictures to share, unfortunately, but when you're rocking almost 350 pounds at 5'3", you usually don't want to make friends with anything that looks like a camera. :huh: