Finally admitted it!

Options
Well, it's been a while (2 yrs or more) since I was here, weighing more now than ever! But, for the first time yesterday, I admitted to my family what I weigh and what I want to do about it. I am at 210 lbs now and they were all shocked. They said I carry weight well and would not have guessed it, but I am miserable no matter how well I carry it or appear to carry it! Now that I have admitted it, I feel so much better. I want to lose about 60lbs for now. Maybe more once I reach that goal! I need lots of support and will support you all here the best I can! Happy New Year

Replies

• SusanPursuingJoy
    SusanPursuingJoy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You took the first step! Congrats on making a decision to make a change! I just started today since I have never been this heavy before (including two full term pregnancies)! God Bless you in the New Year and your pursuit of a healthier life!
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. Admitting it to yourself is the first step. Admitting it to others is the second. Looks like you are on your way!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I started, in June, at almost the same weight and am 11 lbs from 150. I also will evaluate once I am there. Good luck to you!
  • kimmiebear70
    kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    For me, that was the hardest part. Before MFP, I would NEVER tell ANYONE my weight, not even my husband. He's heavy too and has a lot to lose too. When we both admitted to each other how much we weighed is when we both started doing something about it.

Welcome to MFP!
  • brocksmom
    brocksmom Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You are not alone, I have been gone for over 6 months. I came back today also. Good luck

Karen
  • Pamalaw
    Options
    I have similar goals.. found out I was at 214 last april and was like oh heck no lol... started moving more and eating less and dropped two pant sizes in two months but then hit a plateau.. started here around August and I have lost 19 pounds but have been stuck right about 195 for quite a while now.. and well I'll admit that I kinda took the last couple of weeks off from the site.. mostly still sticking to the same foods but allowing myself a bit of a splurge a bit more... the decision to take the time "off" was due to having been frustrated and stressing so I thought a week or so of not worrying about it would do me more good than harm and I think it has.. at least I haven't gained anything according to the scale today.. anyway.. my current goal is 150 with plans to reevaluate then.. but it's taking a bit longer than planned which was just frustrating me more than anything..

I recently got a wii fit plus, an older Jillian Michaels game, and today the zumba fitness game.. so hopefully between the three I can keep some motivation to move going during these cold and snowy months.. I also got a much better diet scale to help me keep my food portions more accurate... my original goal was to hit that 150 mark by April 2011 but now I'm hoping for it to be a summer time goal and for the next 6 months to go better than the last 6 lol...
  • kporumb
    kporumb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :happy: You can do it!!!!!
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    That is the first step, right!!! I have only been with MFP for 2 weeks but I love all the support!! We can do it together!!!!!